Recommendations for new gaming laptop

Cicione

I currently play COD4 on a MacBook Pro.  It has some limitations, is older, and definately heats up!  I am looking at new Laptops that can handle online gaming of COD4 as well as other similar type games but still be functional for at home/work use.  Being that I am not too pc literate, does anyone have any advise for hardware/software configurations or manufacturers with great gaming platforms?  My budget is up to $ 2,500.00..  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since you have enough, I'd recommend getting a gaming desktop for $1,500-2,000 and a cheap laptop. All gaming laptops are going to get hot and they become obsolete quickly. They are always slower than their desktop counterparts as well. I've made the mistake of getting a gaming laptop before.

Edited by TulsaGeoff

There is this one as well.  http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/38794-can-someone-refer-a-good-gaming-laptop/

And not everyone has room or the conditions that allow them to get a desktop. That's why I play on a laptop. I don't have a desk, so I sit on my bed and play.  Between these two links Cicione you should be able to find something useful.

:)

I suggest that you keep the mb pro & build yourself a gaming rig..if space is an issue, build one of those mini itx cases :) ..learned my mistake when i bought my gaming laptop then end up selling it to build a gaming pc.