Version Changer Issue?

SiD

Question

Sup.

I got the version changer for last month's game nights. I managed to make it to abnerdog for an hour or two of fun. I went to try going there tonight and for some reason the version changer now is not going to 1.6. It's staying on 1.7. I refreshed the list twice, and even input the IP and it told me that I had to be using version 1.6. Why would it suddenly stop working?

I use the steam version of the game.

12 answers to this question

I have a steam version and use the UK patch switcher to get on abner all the time, I have had problems in the past with updating the patch selector that after the update I could not access 1.6. I had to re install game and Patch selector and now when the selector prompts me to update I just close it out and everything seems to work fine,Not sure if it's a bug in the selector or a steam thing but I don't care it works for me 

• Like 1

Will please take a screenshot of the error message you are getting and post it here? I might have had the same problem, but I won't know till I see the image. Photographic memory.

• Like 1

And you are going from 1.7 to 1.6, instead of the usual 1.6 to 1.7? What I mean is I bought the game in 1.6 and had to install the 1.7 patch and then the version changer. Trying installing the patch and changer again. Let me know if that works. 

• Like 1

I forgot to consider that Speed. I think you might be right for once. If you need help with that GI Joe would be your best bet.  I remember, that when I got the steam version after the incident with the cd version, I went to install the patch and it was already there. So I just got the version changer.

• Like 1

Ah ha, a clean install fixed it. Sadly, I'm once more having to start over. *Twitch*

However, I should be good to go. I will refrain from updating the changer and see how it fares. You guys rock! \n/_

MOTHER [CENSORED]! 

I knew I should have done that. Kneeeeew it. I was all, nah man. Steam cloud, man. It'll cover your ass. But nooooo.......   

Ah well. Thanks for the tip, though ;D