Smaller BF2 maps

Higgeo

Hey. I think it would be a good idea if we play more of the smaller 32 or 16 player size maps. I tend to find that the game tends to turn into a jet and chopper game with tanks. This makes infantry not used as much. Also you don't run into your players alot which is a shame. Spending time on the carrier is also a bit tedious especially for a new players. I know this is just my opinion but is there a way to vote on the map size because sometimes a 64 player map is too big for just 20 players. Could we make a few maps in the map rotation have the smaller map size? To make it easier all maps should be 32 player size as that is how many slots the server is running, it makes sence that way. :) More time shooting, less time running and finding enemies. :P

I hope you guys understand where i am coming from. Maybe we could have some variation. This is just my opinion and i know players like to fly jets and choppers but some smaller intense fighting matches would be cool. :PB)

My recommendation is a 8 map rotation 2, 64 size, 4 32size and 2, 16 size. This has good variation and is also good when the server is low on people.

Here is an example. This shows the same map but different map size. In order, 16 player, 32 player, 64 player.

The 32 and 64 are nearly the same just less flags so the are still jets and choppers.

strikekarkandmapsizes.png

bf2mapmap.png

What do you think??

Higgeo

• Like 1

Hey. I think it would be a good idea if we play more of the smaller 32 or 16 player size maps. I tend to find that the game tends to turn into a jet and chopper game with tanks. This makes infantry not used as much. Also you don't run into your players alot which is a shame. Spending time on the carrier is also a bit tedious especily for a new players. I know this is just my opinion but is there a way to vote on the map size because sometimes a 64 player map is too big for just 20 players. Could we make a few maps in the map rotation have the smaller map size? Say we have like a 10 map rotation, 4, 64 player maps, 4, 32 player maps and 2, 16 player maps. More time shooting, less time running and finding ememies. :P

I hope you guys understand where i am coming from. Maybe we could have some variation. This is just my opinion and i know players like to fly jets and choppers but some smaller intense fighting matches would be cool. :PB)

Here is an example. This shows the same map but diferent map size. In order, 16 player, 32 player, 64 player.

strikekarkandmapsizes.png

What do you think??

Higgeo

I like this idea. I think varitey is a good thing. I would not want all smaller maps but having a few of each would seem reasonable. Thunder, Narugo what do you guys think?

Thank you. Your opinion is very important, I created some threads asked what would be the best mapcyle. I think we need to discuss this subject, some maps example: fushe pass and other large, are no longer in our mapcycle.

I suggest running only 5 to 7 maps:

There are currently:

MapName size

Wake Island 2007 64

Operation road rage 32

Dragon Valley 64

Strike At Karkand 32

Road To jala 64

Daging Oilfields 32

Dalian Plant 64

Kubra Dam 32

Gulf Of Oman 64

Songhua Stalemate 32

Sharqi Peninsula 64

jalalaba and Karkand are maps Infantry think we should separate them, change the order of mapcycle and really map Songhua Stalemate is horrible.

Thx

Instead of the 64 player map size in "Gulf of Oman" the 32 player still has the carrier but less flags so there is still aircraft available. I think we should have all our maps 32 player size as there are still vehicles choppers and jets. 64 player maps with only 20 players is slow.

cq_32_gulf_of_oman.png

MapName size

Wake Island 2007 64

Operation road rage 32

Dragon Valley 64

Strike At Karkand 32

Road To jala 64

Daging Oilfields 32

Dalian Plant 64

Kubra Dam 32

Gulf Of Oman 64

Songhua Stalemate 32

Sharqi Peninsula 64

If all these maps were 32 player size it would be great as people still get the runway witch means jets. Have a look above in "Gulf of Oman". That is the 32 player version. 32 player maps is a good compromise between infantry and vehicles/jets/choppers

Hey guys what's going on with the size of maps?

I got the maps of F|A and I saw them in size 32 and 16, my Brazilian friends do not like it. All maps should be at full size. These smaller sizes are driving people away from the server and nobody wants that right? I apologize for my annoyance but I'm getting a lot of negative reviews.

Full size right now please! Full size right now please! Full size right now please!

Edited by StanyCruz

Im ok with one or two 32 maps but we do need most to be big! I don't think we really have a need for 16 size maps.

/edit current map lists are as follows.

wake island 2007 size 64

road to jalalabad size 32

operation road rage size 16

dalian plant size 32

daqing oilfields size 64

strike at karkand size 32

dragon valley size 32

gulf of oman size 32

kubra dam size 64

mashtuur city size 32

shorqi peninsula size 32

zatar wetlands size 16

• Administrators

I do agree that we do need some smaller maps, because sometimes such a large map with a handful of people is difficult to maintain. However I think a good selection of large maps can also appease players who want large open spaces for aircraft flying and helicopter attack strategies. I think we don't really need 16 size maps, it's a bit too small.

Im ok with one or two 32 maps but we do need most to be big! I don't think we really have a need for 16 size maps.

wake island 2007 size 64

dalian plant size 32

daqing oilfields size 64

dragon valley size 32

gulf of oman size 32

kubra dam size 64

mashtuur city size 32

shorqi peninsula size 32

zatar wetlands size 16

I like this combination. This is great if the server is low on numbers and has good variation.

I like it !!!

Hey guys what's going on with the size of maps?

I got the maps of F|A and I saw them in size 32 and 16, my Brazilian friends do not like it. All maps should be at full size. These smaller sizes are driving people away from the server and nobody wants that right? I apologize for my annoyance but I'm getting a lot of negative reviews.

Full size right now please! Full size right now please! Full size right now please!

The is not allot of diference between 64 and 32. In 32 you still get a runway witch means choppers and jets. So you still get to fly around, yay. The only diference is that there are less flags there for the action is more concentrated. Also there are not enough players to have a 64 player map. The game is a bit like a needle in a haystack on a 64 player map. This is just my opinion and was just a suggestion but this way it should work for all players. When the server gets realy popular with tones of players and we boost our slots then it might be good to change to more 64 maps.

This here shows that the 32 and 64 are just about the same but less flags so there are still jets and choppers but less flags.

bf2mapmap.png

Anyway Great map cycle now. ty. It works great!

Larger maps = More vehicles = More players

Smaller maps = less vehicle = less players

Most players are used to make strategies on larger maps, in server infantry use smaller maps. An example is the classic maps like dalian plant, dragon valley, gulf of oman, Sharqi Peninsula, zatar wetlands and operation road rage. Let them in size 64 because 32 is ridiculous. I was lost and did not know where to go. I am a veteran of BF2 and I think that way. You want the players are lost without knowing where the flag?

I apologize for my anger. :(

• Like 1

wake island 2007 size 64

dalian plant size 32

daqing oilfields size 64

dragon valley size 32

gulf of oman size 32

kubra dam size 64

mashtuur city size 32

shorqi peninsula size 32

zatar wetlands size 16

Yeah,this is pretty good!

I like this combination. This is great if the server is low on numbers and has good variation.

I like it !!!

The is not allot of diference between 64 and 32. In 32 you still get a runway witch means choppers and jets. So you still get to fly around, yay. The only diference is that there are less flags there for the action is more concentrated. Also there are not enough players to have a 64 player map. The game is a bit like a needle in a haystack on a 64 player map. This is just my opinion and was just a suggestion but this way it should work for all players. When the server gets realy popular with tones of players and we boost our slots then it might be good to change to more 64 maps.

This here shows that the 32 and 64 are just about the same but less flags so there are still jets and choppers but less flags.

bf2mapmap.png

Anyway Great map cycle now. ty. It works great!

Fail, have long time i dont see u ingame :P

I played with worlfcastle today. We flew jets for a hour or so.

in my point vist

all maps 64, for gameplay, map size 16 very hard to tatics and kill enemy, shot point blank all the time. now map size 64, is very good for point & tatics...

my opinion

• Like 1