Nostrodamus effect 2012

.:MoRB!D=-

I got interested in Nostradamus after watching the 1995 movie about him. The beginning of the movie looks like September 11th and he wakes up screaming that the city is collapsing. This movie was made six years before Sept 11 so it is quite creepy.

He wrote in French, and in code, so I have no idea what he was actually saying. Everything he wrote was in metaphors that don't make sense until the actual event occurs - like the Hister prediction. Some guy named Hister was supposed to cross the Danube (I think) and start a huge war in Europe. He was the second AntiChrist and he would try to wipe out God's chosen people (sorry Christians, it's not you lol).

He predicted that a Corsican Prince would start a huge war and cause emoromous suffering and stuff like that - that was Napoleon, the first AntiChrist by Nostradamus' account. He was from Corsica.

He predicted that the early 21st century would have an attack on the "New City" (New York?) that would start what he called the Age of Mabus - an anagram of the names Osama, Obama, and Bush. Very creepy.

He also warned specifically that we should "beware of the black one". Exact words in French. This may be Obama, although Obama seems to be the least troublesome to me of the leading men of the Age Of Mabus, so I don't know what he is referring to here.

I remember in the 1980s people were saying the end was near and that Ronald Wilson Reagan (6 6 6 letters in each name) was the AntiChrist. He was going to start Armageddon by provoking a nuclear war with the Soviets and then Jesus would return to save all the good Christians. Obviously that didn't happen, but it scared the hell out of me when I was a little kid.

Most of Nastradamus' writings make no sense whatsoever and I think it is actually quite useless because you can't even tell what he was talking about until it happens and you have time to reflect on it. So he is useless to us in the future. But it's certainly interesting.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ra well if you are athhiest look at all the natural and scientific signs building up

galactic allignment ,climax of the suns 11 year aolar activity period , all the natural disasters happening

lately in the last few years all the natural sides have been going nuts

the mayans predicted at the end of the long count callender a big event would come

strangly enough the long count will end on the same day as winter solstis and gallactic allingment.

i can only say one thing if it doesnt happen i will see you on december 22 2012

so just incase party fking Hardcore till then :drunk:party:thumbsup

When you are 17 you shoold worry about getting layed tonight not this sh**.

lol D thats not completely true... <-- 17 years old and don't give a shit xD

Trust me, when you get laid EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for about 3 y ears straight its not that much of a biggie anymore..

On note though... IMO the way I look at the whole 2012 situation, is.. whatever happens happens.. Meaning if its time, then its time.. Nothing anyone can do about it. In other words though, I personally don't believe that it will happen, because it seems that there is a repeating history with a bunch of stoned scientists saying the world is going to end at some time.. Then that date comes and the whole population in the world gets less by around a million because people are going into a nutcase killing people they don't like... lol.. And then nothing happens... But like I said, if its time then its time nothing anyone can do about that...

Also, I'm with Ra 100% on this one, even though I'm not atheist.. I'm more agnostic or how ever its spelled... Show me actual legit proof and I will believe in that theory... Till then, count me out lol...

-Josh

@Ra well if you are athhiest look at all the natural and scientific signs building up

galactic allignment ,climax of the suns 11 year aolar activity period , all the natural disasters happening

lately in the last few years all the natural sides have been going nuts

the mayans predicted at the end of the long count callender a big event would come

strangly enough the long count will end on the same day as winter solstis and gallactic allingment.

i can only say one thing if it doesnt happen i will see you on december 22 2012

so just incase party fking Hardcore till then :drunk:party:thumbsup

Galactic Alignments (sp?) are completely harmless. Here is an official report from Nasa regarding the science behind 2012 - http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

He also warned specifically that we should "beware of the black one".

I think he was referring to Black guy, the one that keeps rushing the maps on jay2 :lol:

As for the whole doomsday scenerio, scientific-wise, the universe is a pretty violent place. Even the birth of everything was explosive. You have comets and asteroids cruising around space, solar flares, gamma burst that would blow our protective atmosphere off, black holes. Even if 2012 comes and goes, there's always the possibility that something crazy and insane is coming our way to destroy us all.

Nope, I believe that God chooses when the Earth will end and we will never know when it will because God isnt going to give us any signs of the exact time its just gonna spring up on us when we least expect it.

100%

but you can look at a loaf of bread and see it's done baking, or look at a tree and know it's going to bloom.

it seems like the idea is taken for granted, but notice that there is no argument that it's a question of "when" and never "if"

now go live the rest of your life out.

agreed all we can do is wait ,, ijust wanted to bring the subject up start i little controversy ,, when the end of the world hits b4 anything to bad happens group meeting on vent xDD ill se you on there ,, i think australia will be the last place to go so me and roadkill will be on there after yous :P

100%

but you can look at a loaf of bread and see it's done baking, or look at a tree and know it's going to bloom.

it seems like the idea is taken for granted, but notice that there is no argument that it's a question of "when" and never "if"

now go live the rest of your life out.

100% no

Religion in general is as ridiculous as the 2012 nonsense. Learn to think! I honestly don't even know how people harbor such inane thoughts.

Not to mention the unbelievable amount of logical fallacies going on in this topic. Someone lock this shit.

Religion in general is as ridiculous as the 2012 nonsense. Learn to think! I honestly don't even know how people harbor such inane thoughts.

you should try to think on a bigger scale. out of all the people that have lived on the earth in the history of mankind, you are like 0.00000000000000000000001% of them.

99.999999999999999% of all the people that ever lived believed in some form of religion.

so when you dismiss religion out of hand, you are saying that your 20 years of experience on the planet give you enough wisdom to call the other 99.999999999999999% of the people in the sum of humanity idiots.

well lets accept that for the sake of argument: that 99.9999999999999999999% of people are idiots.

statistically, what does that make it likely that you or i are? sages or fools?

so why do we think we are in a position to make such broad statements about what is true?

vanity, vanity, vanity of vanities.

Edited by Connection

Well seeing as how my IQ is in the 98th percentile I might be able to call most people idiots. And with the advancements we have made in science its pretty easy to look at people in the past as idiots. 99.9 percent of people also believed the world was flat not to long ago.

Also since I don't like arguing for the sake of argument. 18% of the global population are nonreligious atm. That number widens every single year and will grow exponentially in the future.

And when they finally do something about the poor scientific education in this country the number of atheists will take another huge leap in a relatively small time.

Also since I don't like arguing for the sake of argument. 18% of the global population are nonreligious atm. That number widens every single year and will grow exponentially in the future.

And when they finally do something about the poor scientific education in this country the number of atheists will take another huge leap in a relatively small time.

lol no one responded so he's debating with himself.

Ra the extent of your certainty in your own beliefs is a clear indicator of the narrowness of your mind. Nobody knows if there is a God or not. It cannot be proven either way. I certainly have a great deal of skepticism towards the all-powerful, all-loving, angry-parent type of deity as worshipped in our culture, but that doesn't mean that there is no guiding intelligence operating on what we believe to be reality.