Optical: DVD +/- RW

Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Accessories Keyboard and Mouse

Warranty: 1 year (extendable)

Monitor: Not included

Price $999.99 USD

Let me know what you think.

That doesn't really say shit about what is the quality of the build. I'd recommend going back and telling them to precisely specify manufactor and model of every part. After that I can tell if it's worth it.

But if I may recommend something, I'd recommend buying the parts yourself and then telling the computer shop to build the rig for you (if you don't want to try building it yourself or letting someone else do it).

You will get better quality, lower prices, more uniqueness and longer warranty (usually 2-3 years for most parts, 5-6 for PSU and lifetime for memory).

If you buy a mass-manufactored PC, you'll regret it.

E: Concidering it has an old model for CPU (that Thuban series is like 3 years back) and a lot of presumably cheap 1066MHz RAM, I'd say that is not worth 999USD

That doesn't really say shit about what is the quality of the build. I'd recommend going back and telling them to precisely specify manufactor and model of every part. After that I can tell if it's worth it.

But if I may recommend something, I'd recommend buying the parts yourself and then telling the computer shop to build the rig for you (if you don't want to try building it yourself or letting someone else do it).

You will get better quality, lower prices, more uniqueness and longer warranty (usually 2-3 years for most parts, 5-6 for PSU and lifetime for memory).

If you buy a mass-manufactored PC, you'll regret it.

E: Concidering it has an old model for CPU (that Thuban series is like 3 years back) and a lot of presumably cheap 1066MHz RAM, I'd say that is not worth 999USD

I forgot to add video card AMD hd6870 1gb ddr5

Yeah I know but I don't know what I want I am computer dumb and dumb dumb. 

Like I said on xfire , dont go to local stores.

Most of the time they only have cheap old computer parts and they offer really high prices.

IMO always go to places where building PCs is the only thing they do.

Companies like Ibuypower buy computer parts in MASS so get the best prices avaible.

+ They build PC with the highest quality part avaible and ridiculously low prices.

Most of the time it ends up beign cheaper than building it yourself on newegg.com

www.ibuypower.com

http://www.ibuypower.com/IbpPages/AMD_FX_Lobby.aspx

I forgot to add video card AMD hd6870 1gb ddr5

Yeah I know but I don't know what I want I am computer dumb and dumb dumb. 

Forget that package. For that video card its way too overpriced. Let me demostrate:

• 6870 being ~100$; it's barely capable of running BF3 decently
  • 1090T Thuban is an old model as I said, it eats whole lot of power and produces heat. It will propably be cooled with stock cooler. That package costs ~100$ as well.
  • The RAM would be ~60$
  • Case, dvd drive would be normal shit, somewhere around ~50$
  • Motherboard and other items total of ~100$ tops
  • Mouse and keyboard ~50$

So total retail price for the parts would be 460$ tops. The rest, 530$, consists of the workers taking 30min of their time to build up the PC and drink coffee. That's quite high rate for half an hour.

Please concider again. I can give 30min of MY time to do all the thinking for you. For free.

And then you can get someone to build the PC. Or do it yourself. It's not that hard and youtube is full of information. Just check some tutorials and think if you'd take the shot.

But don't go buying that last seasons model for twice the price. I beg you.

To me it seems also overpriced. I mean theres even difference between overpriced PCs in my homeland and on this one;)

FinzeroX and Quovadis gave some good advice above. I´d only suggest that if you are not so comfortable with building one by yourself, ask couple of example PC lists from here and show the dealer them without prices. Knowing the price beforehand yourself ask theirs and if they try to rip you off just walk again away and we can put together parts from your homeland´s web dealers and building from parts is mostly like playing with constructor, everything fits only one way in and wirering is also mostly marked. Most important is to keep yourself and parts off the static electricity.

Ol´Smoke even produced a tutorial on forums.

• Like 1

1 x Case ( Thermaltake Chaser A31 Gaming Case - Black )

1 x Case Lighting ( Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light - Blue )

1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( Basic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - Reduce System Noise )

1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System )

1 x Processor ( AMD FX-8120 CPU (8x 3.10GHz/8MB L2 Cache) - FREE Upgrade to FX-8320 )

0 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( None )

1 x Processor Cooling ( Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD) - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade )

1 x Memory ( 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )

1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB - Single Card )

1 x Motherboard ( ASUS M5A97 R2.0 -- AMD 970 )

1 x Power Supply ( 500 Watt - Corsair CX500 V2 )

1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive **Free Upgrade to 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Single Drive** )

0 x Data Hard Drive ( None )

1 x Optical Drive ( 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )

0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )

1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black )

1 x Meter Display ( NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display )

1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )

1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )

1 x Operating System ( Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit )

1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard )

1 x Keyboard ( Razer BlackWidow 2013 Gaming Keyboard )

0 x Monitor ( None )

0 x 2nd Monitor ( None )

1 x Monitor Cable ( 30 ft. DVI to HDMI Cable (Resolution up to 1080P) )

0 x Speaker System ( None )

1 x Power Protection ( Mighty Voltage Regulator - Opti-UPS SS1200-AVR )

0 x Video Camera ( None )

1 x Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation! )

0 x Case Engraving Service ( None )

1 x Warranty ( 3 Year Standard Warranty Service )

From IBUYPOWER website a bit over my budget but want to know your guys opinion

Theres also win7 option, but AMD promised to tweak Piledriver on Win8. So you´d need FX 8350 or FX 6300 as Piledriver representatives. Also I´ve got a feeling all those reference parts are cheap once or  then there are uber tweaked and expensive ones. HD7850 AMD reference build would make a lot of noise, so I would go for IceQ version. Also the HD part is fussy, is it WD\Seagate\Samsung or some other cheap part?

I wonder what stores are near you which sell PC´s also, as this goes over 1000$ mark a lot. I´m thinking in this case it would be even more reasonable to grab some 900 PC from local store. Only good side of ibuy PC´s is 3y warranty and Liquid cooling. But liquid cooling is waste of money(50$) if you don´t OC much or pick very silent PSU\case and fans...

Also checked microcenter parts and there´s no decent mobos for Z77 and with building price 100$ it would be same price as ibuy. Though if you want specifically all AMD parts then its different story.

In the other hand picking same class parts from newegg it comes around 1000$ also and add 100$ for building + 50$ liquid cooling and 3y warranty and ibuy doesn´t seem so exepnsive.

I´d still check that local store option as ibuy is pushing price over 1000$ with uber tweaked parts. I´m sure for 900$ its possible to get decent PC without obsolete tweaks.

Also maybe someone from forums knows some good shop near you?

Pretty much all you need is a friend who knows how to build PCs if you don't want to do it yorself. It's done like in max 2h so you can invite the friend over, you could take a couple of beers, chit chat and he'll/she'll do it in no time.

Basicly parts arent even that picky with the static electry. I always assemble my PCs without safety equiptment. But ofc no woolen clothes, etc.

But yeah, ask around. It'll be easier and cheaper. And if you dare to do it yourself, always better! You learn new stuff, it feels more like your own and it's not even that hard

Ok, Went to a local computer shop here is what they said

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz

Memory: 16 GB RAM

Optical: DVD +/- RW

Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Video Card: AMD HD6870 1GB DDR5

Accessories Keyboard and Mouse

Warranty: 1 year (extendable)

Monitor: Not included

Price $999.99 USD

Let me know what you think.

He asked me on XFire and I told him this package was way too much. $600 tops IMO. I built my rig for $800 USD, almost 3 years ago (Was completed in January 2011) And it's BETTER than what they're giving him now, 3 years later, for $200 more.

The best bet of all options, is buy all the parts/start with a barebones, and find a friend who will build it. If you lived closer, I'd put the goddamn thing together for you for free. It only takes about 30 minutes to assemble, and about 30-45 minutes to install the new OS.

Lol @ PSU´s on ibuy not modular for lower prices but they have the options: " pro wiring", good luck to them with non-modular PSU:P

Looked at Dell PC´s @ microcenter and i5 3770 with gt630 gpu? GPU is really underpowered in Dell PC´s.

So I played with some parts and with 1062$ you´d get:

FX 4300- 4 cores "Piledriver"

NZXT Phantom 410 case- pick your colour

CX 500 Corsair PSU

ASUS M5A97 R2.0- There are also options for MSI970A-G43 and Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P but read that ASUS has at least some heatsinks on motherboard voltage regulators?

8GB(2x4GB) of RAM- won´t need more for gaming- no brand added besides "major brand"

ADATA 120GB SSD for primary drive

1TB 7200RPM 32MB cahce HD for data drive- no brand added

Liquid cooling, also add ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade for $9 would be good idea for silence.

AMD Radeon HD7790 reference graphics(would be good at least to have some MSI\Gygabite etc card)

Win8

iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System

3y warranty with no rush delivery

Basic Pro Wiring

and those lights and other goodies are optional.

Lol @ PSU´s on ibuy not modular for lower prices but they have the options: " pro wiring", good luck to them with non-modular PSU:P

Looked at Dell PC´s @ microcenter and i5 3770 with gt630 gpu? GPU is really underpowered in Dell PC´s.

So I played with some parts and with 1062$ you´d get:

FX 4300- 4 cores "Piledriver"

NZXT Phantom 410 case- pick your colour

CX 500 Corsair PSU

ASUS M5A97 R2.0- There are also options for MSI970A-G43 and Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P but read that ASUS has at least some heatsinks on motherboard voltage regulators?

8GB(2x4GB) of RAM- won´t need more for gaming- no brand added besides "major brand"

ADATA 120GB SSD for primary drive

1TB 7200RPM 32MB cahce HD for data drive- no brand added

Liquid cooling, also add ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade for $9 would be good idea for silence.

AMD Radeon HD7790 reference graphics(would be good at least to have some MSI\Gygabite etc card)

Win8

iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System

3y warranty with no rush delivery

Basic Pro Wiring

and those lights and other goodies are optional.

Im sorry but that's still overly priced.

• Like 1