I was informed by my editor/publisher that if I wanted to make or use an image of my own to use for the cover art I could.  Usually coming up with something isn't that big of a deal, but I am thinking where this is my project I am having a difficult time.. My publisher has lots of awesome ideas, but another idea occurred to me..  What if my FA family could help?  There are so many talented people here it is amazing.. So here is what I thought..  Maybe those of you who would like to give it a shot, come up with ideas and submit them to me either here or via pm or my email gotded@gmail.com.  If you can come up with something awesome that I really like, I will use it for my cover and give you credit, all the while adding FA into my book also.. I really would appreciate the help if anyone is interested.. Below I will give limited info on my novel as not to influence your creative juices hehe :D

Book: God of the Undead - Origins

Genre: Fiction/horror/romance/survival

The concept: Two people who by chance meet and fall in love, in a post apocalyptic world full of a zombie like race..

Thanks in advance to all that help, whether it is in actual graphics or ideas...   :D

• Like 1

Hehe romance and horror go hand in hand, anyone who has been married can tell ya that :P

:lol 

i'll think to do something ( you know i'm suck in creating things but many ideas in the head :D ) i always wish you good for  your book :) 

• Like 1

This is what I have so far.  A slightly different approach then what I had intended. I like the Old English Text, but am willing to part with the color. heck it's your book so you tell me.  I cleaned Alex's picture, and placed them facing each other as a gate. I was thinking an electric orb in the middle with the ruins of a city in the orb, or I could just leave it.

My original intent was a ruined city in the fog with it rendered/fading in the distance. Then use Alex's picture (cleaned) with a broken wing and added age, crack and growth textures. 

Let me know.

post-8873-0-59944500-1375387881_thumb.png

• Like 2

I absolutely love this idea, I love them facing like that.. My only thoughts are, if you could age the pic a little, give it some worn out look, or like it has been through a war.. What I see in my mind is the look of the film The Book Of Eli.. Like where everything has color, but time, war and aged has dulled it.. The other thing is, though I like the font for many things, I am not such a fan in this case hehe.. Something more, worn and tattered hehe.. I would also like to see that original concept you ad too, I mean that sounds pretty awesome also!  :D   Thanks man for helping out... 

Okay. What I need to do is find some textures that I like and will apply them. Also some tattered fonts. I tried several others but they didn't look well. Plus keep in mind this will have to be submitted as a pdf or png or jpg because people aren't going to have the fonts I use.

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind Midnight, but I used your's (and Phoenix's and Alex's) ideas and came up with another version. 

Note: these images are grabbed from the web and would be protected under copyright... This image would have to be re-worked in order to come up with something a bit more original. But perhaps this would help in a concept in taking it to the next step.

I went a different route with the font - a sort of "gold emboss" to counter the worn look of the image(s). And of course the author name would be your real name.

Feedback welcome :)

post-10705-0-90492300-1375462260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyen
  • Like 1

Okay. What I need to do is find some textures that I like and will apply them. Also some tattered fonts. I tried several others but they didn't look well. Plus keep in mind this will have to be submitted as a pdf or png or jpg because people aren't going to have the fonts I use.

Really appreciate the work Midnight :D

Hope you don't mind Midnight, but I used your's (and Phoenix's and Alex's) ideas and came up with another version. 

Note: these images are grabbed from the web and would be protected under copyright... This image would have to be re-worked in order to come up with something a bit more original. But perhaps this would help in a concept in taking it to the next step.

I went a different route with the font - a sort of "gold emboss" to counter the worn look of the image(s). And of course the author name would be your real name.

Feedback welcome :)

Would love to see these... :D

Would love to see what Phoenix? These is pretty vague. Cyen, no worries here. We are all here to help a man in need.  I like the city and the gold emboss as well. Hmm maybe I'll borrow. 

Would love to see what Phoenix? These is pretty vague. Cyen, no worries here. We are all here to help a man in need.  I like the city and the gold emboss as well. Hmm maybe I'll borrow. 

The image Cyen was talking about.. At the time I posted this it wasn't there hahaha