Xbox One preorders jump past PlayStation 4 after Microsoft drops DRM

sincity

Xbox One Preorders
When Microsoft finally announced its policies regarding Xbox One game-sharing, used game sales and connectivity requirements, gamers were not happy at all. While some people thought Microsoft's new policies would help usher in the future of console gaming, a much more vocal group found them restrictive and anti-consumer. The critics were loud enough that Microsoft ultimately decided to reverse course and cancel all of its controversial plans. Was this the right move? Implications for the Xbox's future aside, the short-term impact of Microsoft's decision is already being felt: Just one day after Microsoft announced the removal of DRM and connectivity requirements, pre-sales of the Xbox One jumped ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4 on Amazon.com.

Continue reading...QLHFQNDfTeY

View the full article

I still think Microsoft is desperate... Prices for anything Xbox ONE are really really high. I think you would be crazy, to spend $100 - $200 extra on bundles compared to Sony. IM NOT STARTING A WAR, but I still want my Ps4 and Final Fantasy 15.

• Administrators

I still think Microsoft is desperate... Prices for anything Xbox ONE are really really high. I think you would be crazy, to spend $100 - $200 extra on bundles compared to Sony. IM NOT STARTING A WAR, but I still want my Ps4 and Final Fantasy 15.

Desperate how? Its just a good business decision. At least Microsoft keeps user data safe unlike Sony which keeps it in an unencrypted txt file.