set sensd "+movedown; cg_fov 90; cg_crosshairSize 33"
set sensu "-movedown; cg_fov 115; cg_crosshairSize 38"
set do "vstr sensd"
set up "vstr sensu"
bind c "+vstr do up"

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

I have also -speed

too lazy to hold it when I wanna walk, so I have a toggle, and if an enemy appears I shoot and I'm suddenly in normal mode :P

for +activate, I suspect all those players who push me (without reason) when they spawn have it binded to every key :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL @ sprint while shooting.

Sorry, but we had a similar discussion about this on our server a while ago - i.e. whether its good to bind sprint each time you shoot bullets.

The consensus was....NOPE.

If you would like to know why....basically it boils down to bullet spread. The only upside was that it makes you slightly harder to hit, however, its not worth it when you consider the many other factors.

LOL @ sprint while shooting.

Sorry, but we had a similar discussion about this on our server a while ago - i.e. whether its good to bind sprint each time you shoot bullets.

The consensus was....NOPE.

If you would like to know why....basically it boils down to bullet spread. The only upside was that it makes you slightly harder to hit, however, its not worth it when you consider the many other factors.

But sprinting has no influence on spread. I would agree that it's better to not have it 'auto on' everytime you shoot, but spreadwise it doesn't matter.

Edited by S3ti

But sprinting has no influence on spread. I would agree that it's better to not have it 'auto on' everytime you shoot, but spreadwise it doesn't matter.

:blink:  :huh:

Bullet spread is affected by whether you stand still, walk, run or sprint. It gets worse the faster your motion is (i.e. from standing still --> sprinting)

What is the best color of crosshair to use ? 

Colours that stand out from the map/background - Magenta, Cyan, Yellow and Green. Long ago I used Red but I found that it tended to blend as well - Now I use a small yellow dot.

Edited by Death_Reincarnated
  • Like 1

:blink:  :huh:

Bullet spread is affected by whether you stand still, walk, run or sprint. It gets worse the faster your motion is (i.e. from standing still --> sprinting)

No, where do you have this information from? Your movement speed doesn't affect spread. Given it is even ground and you don't move your mouse, spread will increase the exact same amount no matter if you stand, walk, run or sprint.

Look here made this on ETPro, burst shots a 3 bullets. Yellow is my viewline, blue is the bullet

standing

post-11075-0-28864600-1371455584_thumb.jpg

walking

post-11075-0-58627900-1371454967_thumb.jpg

running

post-11075-0-21128300-1371454962_thumb.jpg

sprinting

post-11075-0-92327400-1371454964_thumb.jpg

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 1

• Clan Friend

No, where do you have this information from?

+1000000

Spread goes up when you shoot a bullet or you move your mouse (according to mouse movement speed). Also when you are 'in the air' (jumping, etc.)

Only when you snipe I think it goes up when you physically move, but I'm not checking all this right now, so I'm going by memory.

The only reason I don't +attack +sprint myself is not spread, but it's because I want to decide when I have to sprint, and it would also fk up rifle and pistol aiming, since I would end up sprinting in bursts with those weapons. So I agree it's a bad idea, but for other reasons.

The only reason I don't +attack +sprint myself is not spread, but it's because I want to decide when I have to sprint, and it would also fk up rifle and pistol aiming, since I would end up sprinting in bursts with those weapons. So I agree it's a bad idea, but for other reasons.

Exactly, gets pretty weird with pistol or medpacks and suddenly there's no stamina left for the next fight :P I have a script for toggling attack-sprint, but I barely use it:

//Attack-Sprint

set    tog_attack    "vstr tog_attack_1"

set    tog_attack_1    "bind Mouse1 +vstr mouse_a mouse_b; echo ^>[^7Attack^p+^7Sprint^>]; set tog_attack vstr tog_attack_0"

set    tog_attack_0    "bind Mouse1 +attack; echo ^>[^7Attack^>]; set tog_attack vstr tog_attack_1"

set    mouse_a        "+attack; +sprint"

set    mouse_b        "-attack; -sprint"

bind KP_DOWNARROW "vstr tog_attack"

Sprint with shoot is really bad . You just wastw your stamina and can't control anything. The best to win in 1v1 is actuay to sprint left and right and sidfenly start walking slowly .

@Seti The horizontal distance between each bullet fired increases with speed (i.e. bullet spread) - this is what I meant. But come to think of it, we should see the dot-cursor expand as well when we move left right with either walk/run/sprint - need to verify this, because cursor expansion is an indicative of bulle fire spread.

P.S. Either I'm colour blind or those two colours are cyan and white, not blue and yellow lol.

P.P.S. Because you always tend to move your mouse, your bullet fire spread, expands quicker the faster you move, hence why its a bad idea to have this script.

Edited by Death_Reincarnated

@Seti The horizontal distance between each bullet fired increases with speed (i.e. bullet spread) - this is what I meant. But come to think of it, we should see the dot-cursor expand as well when we move left right with either walk/run/sprint - need to verify this, because cursor expansion is an indicative of bulle fire spread.

That's not spread, that's the...well, horizontal distance between fired bullets? I can't see any disadvantage in it because you try to shoot them in the same place anyway, doesn't matter from where they are fired. The crosshairpulse i.e. bullet spread increases with each fired bullet and/or by moving your mouse, NOTHING else affects it (except crouching, proning, jumping)!

P.S. Either I'm colour blind or those two colours are cyan and white, not blue and yellow lol.

You are right here at least :P

P.P.S. Because you always tend to move your mouse, your bullet fire spread, expands quicker the faster you move, hence why its a bad idea to have this script.

If you don't match your opponents speed in strafe fights, you will have to move your mouse more. That this script has disadvantages (none of them related to spread) is out of question. One thing is moving your mouse, which affects spread. The other thing is your momentum, which doesn't affect spread.

Anyway, if we should meet on some server and I have a full stamina bar, you are more than welcome to walk :D