etkey

Ackmey

Is there any easy way of getting a new etkey/GUID without having to reinstall ET? I'm asking 'cos I want to reset my kdr which is basically stuck at 1.6, but it wouldn't be worth a whole reinstall.

Thanks

You can delete or move your present etkey from your etmain folder. But you WILL lose admin and xp, and leaders don't like it when they have to go around following you in every server to get your admin back...... and you're cluttering up the shrubbot.

As far as I know k/d doesn't get "stuck". If it truly is you can test it by just going rambo engi the whole map, getting massive deaths and few kills.

You can delete or move your present etkey from your etmain folder. But you WILL lose admin and xp, and leaders don't like it when they have to go around following you in every server to get your admin back...... and you're cluttering up the shrubbot.

As far as I know k/d doesn't get "stuck". If it truly is you can test it by just going rambo engi the whole map, getting massive deaths and few kills.

No it's no stuck, it's just that after a record of like 5000/3000 or whatever, it doesn't move too fast :P

if I delete the etkey, will it give me a new one? 0.o

If it's too much hassle for anybody I won't do it, but the only server I have my admin on is pub anyway, and I can just wait til someone who can !setlevel is online to change it.

• Administrators

I will not give your admin back if you delete your etkey. I hate etkey changers because as Kronos it floods shrub file and soon I am going for mass reset for admins to clear up old unused GUID in shrub files.

And anyways your skill will show up at the end of map in final scores.

Edit: I don't see your GUID in your profile. Update it ASAP.

I will not give your admin back if you delete your etkey. I hate etkey changers because as Kronos it floods shrub file and soon I am going for mass reset for admins to clear up old unused GUID in shrub files.

And anyways your skill will show up at the end of map in final scores.

Edit: I don't see your GUID in your profile. Update it ASAP.

Right-o.

small bit of advice if you havent already - email yourself your etkey and do so everytime you get new admin level. ull lose whatever xp youll have made since then, but your admin level will still be there (hopefully)

small bit of advice if you havent already - email yourself your etkey and do so everytime you get new admin level. ull lose whatever xp youll have made since then, but your admin level will still be there (hopefully)

Actually you only need one. All the etkey contains is your guid, which is like a username and password for the server to access your admin and xp. When you get admin and xp your etkey doesn't change at all.

Actually you only need one. All the etkey contains is your guid, which is like a username and password for the server to access your admin and xp. When you get admin and xp your etkey doesn't change at all.

ah ok . thanks for the info :)