Rats, thousands of miles apart, communicate through brain link

Chameleon

Is telepathy just around the corner?

Researchers from Duke University have allowed rats to communicate with each through brain signals.

Placed in separate cages, the rats were able to solve puzzles with the aid of microelectrodes 1/100th the width of a hair implanted into their brains. One rat was able to interpret the other’s actions and intentions even when they couldn’t see or hear each other.

The same experiment worked when the rats were thousands of miles apart with one in Brazil and another in North Carolina.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/28/rats-communicate-through-electronic-brain-link/?intcmp=features

Call me picky but, I just finished watching the final episodes of Fringe. I'm not getting in line until I can time warp AND read peoples thoughts until it causes them an aneurysm.

This is however a step in the right direction

• Like 2

Rats was long considered a very intelligent animal and even compared to dolphin mode of communication. It does not help the man, except for the experiments. its adaptability to communicate a threat to the entire community of rats has been extraordinary and in particular to bypass his eradication by poison . That is why this friend of the human in  the experiments and this enemy of the man in life,  is a surprising animal less sympathetic than the dolphin. , but it remains an amazing animal that never ends to amaze us.This is precisely  why  we hate this animal , and at the same time , we are interested in the rat. how does the rat to communicate so quickly all rats, a danger and how is it to adapt to poison and better , store and transmit a danger not only for today , but tomorrow and in the future and better , EVERYWHERE ? Maybe it is  exactly what we are looking for. 

Prince*Jedi 

• Like 1

It is amazing though how the rat itself has helped mankind progress so far. Sometimes I think where would we be without it Haha.. As gross and dirty as they may seem, they have helped us in more ways than we can imagine and they are, at their very best, a friend to man in this manner.. :D

It is amazing though how the rat itself has helped mankind progress so far. Sometimes I think where would we be without it Haha.. As gross and dirty as they may seem, they have helped us in more ways than we can imagine and they are, at their very best, a friend to man in this manner.. :D

Absolutly  :lol2:

• Like 1