iPhone found to be 300% more reliable than Samsung smartphones

sincity

iPhone Reliability Study
Apple's (AAPL) iPhone isn't just the best-selling smartphone in the world, it's also the most reliable. A new study conducted by the company behind the community based trouble-shooting resource FixYa on Friday issued its latest smartphone reliability study. The study used data from 722,558 combined problem reports combined with market share data from StatCounter to assign a reliability score to leading smartphone vendor. Apple was found to be the most reliable handset maker with a score of 3.47, nearly 300% better than smartphone shipment volume leader Samsung (005930), which got a score of 1.21.

Continue reading...fkZT3zmQKLs

View the full article

Top 5 Issues:

1. Battery Life

2. Lack of New Features

3. No Customizability

4. Can’t Connect Wifi

5. Other

how are all of these catagorizes as "reliability" ???

reliability should be from how often they DON'T break (not from dropping).

i'm on my 4th 4S since launch day.. you cant tell me the iPhone is a good phone.

this article is hardly news worthy. its down right recockulous.

• Like 1

I just got a Galaxy note 2 and have none of the top 5 issues listed. Battery life was an issue on my Droid X, I couldn't go a day without charing on light use. My note 2 goes many days without needing a charge and it's one of the biggest phones on the market. I can't speak for all Android phones but the battery issue seems be an old problem that has since been resolved.

I've had my iPhone4 since release date, and its been through hell. I've dropped it off of the top of my car onto the concrete driveway, and it still looks as good as new. Everything still works perfectly fine, just as well as the day I bought it. Only thing I have had to replace is the Charging cord. iPhones imho are the most dependable phone you can own. HTC is byfar the worst. My girlfriend got the new HTC Windows X and she has already had to get 2 new phones shipped to her because it keeps failing to work. Her dad has the HTC Galaxy SII and he has had to have a new phone sent to him as well because it quit working on him. Personally, Im not a Samsung user at all.

I think this "study" is flawed from the start because people who have iPhones don't bother asking this community based tech support group. As much as my iPhone annoys me with its poor battery life and inflexibility, the customer support by Apple is really good, and taking issues directly to them is usually much easier than going to online support.

Oh, and I'm surprised they didn't count cracked iPhone screens as being an issue. The amount I have seen is quite extraordinary.

pure lies...i forgot my galaxy s2 on the roof of my car & it fell over as i drove the car. guess what, my phone still works as if nothing happened, compared to my friend's iphone that malfunctions after the drop. 

• Like 1