Has dark matter finally been found? Big news coming!

Chameleon

Big news in the search for dark matter may be coming in about two weeks, the leader of a space-based particle physics experiment said Sunday at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.

That's when the first paper of results from the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, a particle collector mounted on the outside of the International Space Station, will be submitted to a scientific journal, said MIT physicist Samuel Ting, AMS principle investigator.

Though Ting was coy about just what, exactly, the experiment has found, he said the results bear on the mystery of dark matter, the invisible stuff thought to outnumber regular matter in the universe by a factor of about six to one.

Read More: http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=features

Failed? Unless I am missing something here, discovery of the boson (be it Higgs or some unknown other) in June-July 2012 shouldn't be considered a failure. That situation with faster than light particle was kind of embarassing after it turned out the equipment wasn't calibrated well (if I remember right; was it at LHC anyway?). Well, failure or not, doesn't mean they should stop searching. However, I do not find Fox news very trustworthy.

• Like 1

i didnt get update on that, last when LHC started the machine got broke down and they shut ted their project for a while?

However, I do not find Fox news very trustworthy.

Normally I would be right with ya, but since it has nothing to do with politics I figured it was worth the post lol :D