accidental TK"S

Bi0s

Ok so on the hardcore server there is going to be some maybe more at times then other accidental TK"S.. so you new clan memebrs who are going power hungry you know who you are and kicking people.. like its going out of style chill down... no need for it.. i can see if there INTENANAL tk"s back to back but stop kicking people for a few accidental tks yeshhhhhhhh.. :noob

• Administrators

i can see if there INTENANAL tk"s back to back but stop kicking people for a few accidental tks yeshhhhhhhh.. :noob

LOL i was expecting this sooner or later and hence i never allowed only FF ON server and always kept voting.

I will test around with damage restrictions. It never worked well in 8.1. Will see if its fixed or not and then set up some auto kicks for team damage.

I have personally seen few admin kicking if someone team kills them once.

I will see if I can fix the issue by some way. PM me the list of all names.

ther is always ppl that dont give a chance to new players to learn in how to aim or just let them know that ff is on and what it is some ppl dont believe in the to be friendly & let others know ur ther to help out .not kick or mute ppl for no reason or if they are talkin too much the server does have a spam protection for global vsays and chat or just for an accidental tks .

besides there is the "file complaint" question? for what i know to many complaints and the player will be auto kicked..

so doesnt seem to exist a valid reason to every bother watching out for that.. (except the normal mortar hopping and stuff)

i have to !warn sometimes noobs who dont be careful with panzer....i mean....in 1vs1 we are 1-2 meters away from each other and then comes panzer-noob of my team shoots on me?!?! i really hate when this happens....but i dont kick them...i just warn them.

i noticed one guy, aLEXANDER, everytime he is playing he does tk...so every time he does tk intentionally i first warn him and second time i kick him (i also kicked him 1st time)

I remember back in =(BPC)= we had a pretty good team damage auto kick.

The cvars were:

g_minHits 30 <-- So the teamkiller will be able to hit 30 times some teammates before he get kicked. Medics get -2 for reviving.

g_teamdamageRestriction 20 <-- The percentage of hits you do to your enemy comparatively to your team. So someone that shoot more then 80% of its bullet on the enemy (less then 20% on the allies) will be good.

We could also reduice the g_minHits to 1 and only apply the g_teamdamageRestriction 20 since the g_minHits is more for helping the medics with the TK revive and to let a chance to the landmines. However we already have something to "prevent" that.

I saw try it for 1 week and if we see something bad let's cancel it. Maybe you could put a custom command to enable/disable it for 1 or 2 weeks so if something really bad happen the server won't go empty and the settings will be back to normal.

Maybe with g_complaintlimit set to a lower value. I have my popup set to 0 so I never see the complain popup and it always put it at F2. However if I knew that the limit was 4, then I would accept to get tked 4 times and then that would kick the guy.

Yeah I agree there is no reason to Kick someone who is teamkilling accidentally. Auto kick is there for a reason. Intentional teamkillers I Usually warn then kick them. I just wish the flamers would stop tk'ing me on the server :(.

yea wut happen to the tkindex , the auto kick just stop working at some point , :blink:

etadmin_mod is OFF now so it's not working anymore. We could implement the same thing in lua. Fill a complain in the lua Tracker and I'll copy/translate/paste the etadmin_mod code to an lua module for that.

I got one question thought. B!OS did you take the time to ask the admin why he kicked that person. I'm sorry but I do !kick someone directly after 2-3 TK if I know that this guy got kick 5 minutes ago for doing TK on someone else. Also, if you see someone doing an intentional TK. By that I mean someone from the other team that know that you are at 20-25 of spree, then join your team and TK you for the fun and join back the other team deserve a kick.

I prefer to play on a FF on server with noobs that TK me instead of playing on a FF off server where you have 5 noobs with mortar/panzer/flame/rnade that keep camping one spot and never stop since they get kills and no TK.

So in my opinion we just need to add more perfection to the TK restrictions for the noobs and we will be fine.

• Administrators

I remember back in =(BPC)= we had a pretty good team damage auto kick.

The cvars were:

g_minHits 30

g_teamdamageRestriction 20

We could also reduice the g_minHits to 1 and only apply the g_teamdamageRestriction 20 since the g_minHits is more for helping the medics with the TK revive and to let a chance to the landmines. However we already have something to "prevent" that.

g_minHits 50

g_teamdamageRestriction 25

What you say for above one? I will add it tonight but someone needs to test it since my temp Dial up sucks..

g_minHits 50

g_teamdamageRestriction 25

What you say for above one? I will add it tonight but someone needs to test it since my temp Dial up sucks..

50 hits is a lot even for the noobs. I completely agree with 25%. Remember that to do 50 hits, the guy has to shoot 50 panzer shot to its teammate. So this is why we need the g_complaintlimit set to a lower value. The teamdamage is more for the hit that the player does without teamkilling you: it's more for the team bleed. g_complaintlimit is for the TKs which give all users the opportunity to "votekick" that person out by filling a complain about him.

50 hits is a lot even for the noobs. I completely agree with 25%. Remember that to do 50 hits, the guy has to shoot 50 panzer shot to its teammate. So this is why we need the g_complaintlimit set to a lower value. The teamdamage is more for the hit that the player does without teamkilling you: it's more for the team bleed. g_complaintlimit is for the TKs which give all users the opportunity to "votekick" that person out by filling a complain about him.

What about a medic kill/revive?

What about a medic kill/revive?

This is why the g_minhits exist. Normally you shouldn't have to give more then 2 shots to your teammate to kill him which gives you +2 points, then you revive him which gives you -2 points so you come back to 0.

You can always tell the players that are laid back and the players with a pickle up thier butt when an accidental TK happens. I never Tk on purpose unless somebody have TKed me on purpose4 serveral times. Its gonna happen on a FF server. If you are gonna play on a FF server then you need to get used to it. Many times its some idiot being to close to dyno or walking into a panzer. This is the fault of the dummy that got killed.

The flame thing is a whole different situation. If you live by the flame you will die by the flame & so will your team mates. Its just the way it is. Sucks really.

I NEVER TK someone on purpose but I get my share none the less. The bouncing R-nade is always deadly but it sure is a great weapon. SO..., in closing just let me say this, stop bitc*i*g and go play ET. If you get TKed get over it--it was a accident most likely.