UBER Medic has an HP setting gone bad

Iridium

In the first version of Enemy Territory the Medic class didn't enjoy the 156 health points that it carries today. Originally the medic was much more dependent on other players to move through one or more opponents. The Medic was intended to move behind other classes, healing and "clean up" behind those teammates who had fallen before them. Like the engineer, the medic needed to work with teammates to advance in battle. When Medic class HP was extended to 156 the medic became a stand-alone and totally unrealistic player on the battlefield, no longer supporting but now plowing a line through all other classes. Now he could finish off an opponent AND revive his massive HP. In groups of two or more, they have become a game stopper, deflating player enjoyment and racking up frag numbers on the end of game stats.

There should be a redistribution of HP to reflect the class of player. The soldier should be the strongest and most robust player on the map. He is the one who should carry the 150HP, followed by the engineer at 140HP, the Lieutenant at 130HP, the Medic at 110HP and lastly the Covert Ops at 100HP. This would generate the proper motivation for those in the Medic class to run near to soldiers and engineers, supporting them as is the case in any battle scenario.

The fact that we witness a consistent piling on of Medics in every game we join is obvious and for the wrong reasons. In the name of fair play and a more enjoyable and team-oriented gaming experience the HP distribution should be redistributed. I believe everybody wants the UBER Medic to go away.

This is not a thread about those "services" that circumvent PunkBuster, but clearly anyone who subscribes to this AND plays as Medic is going to generate those 3 and 4 kills per minute we see all too often.

In the first version of Enemy Territory the Medic class didn't enjoy the 156 health points that it carries today. Originally the medic was much more dependent on other players to move through one or more opponents. The Medic was intended to move behind other classes, healing and "clean up" behind those teammates who had fallen before them. Like the engineer, the medic needed to work with teammates to advance in battle. When Medic class HP was extended to 156 the medic became a stand-alone and totally unrealistic player on the battlefield, no longer supporting but now plowing a line through all other classes. Now he could finish off an opponent AND revive his massive HP. In groups of two or more, they have become a game stopper, deflating player enjoyment and racking up frag numbers on the end of game stats.

There should be a redistribution of HP to reflect the class of player. The soldier should be the strongest and most robust player on the map. He is the one who should carry the 150HP, followed by the engineer at 140HP, the Lieutenant at 130HP, the Medic at 110HP and lastly the Covert Ops at 100HP. This would generate the proper motivation for those in the Medic class to run near to soldiers and engineers, supporting them as is the case in any battle scenario.

The fact that we witness a consistent piling on of Medics in every game we join is obvious and for the wrong reasons. In the name of fair play and a more enjoyable and team-oriented gaming experience the HP distribution should be redistributed. I believe everybody wants the UBER Medic to go away.

This is not a thread about those "services" that circumvent PunkBuster, but clearly anyone who subscribes to this AND plays as Medic is going to generate those 3 and 4 kills per minute we see all too often.

I learned over the last month that people prefer to frag than to do the objectives. So lowering the medic would be a bad thing for other people like me that try to defend the base by its own. Also the 156 HP is due to the XP. If you play in scrims, the medic is near other classes. The medic get less ammo than everybody. It need help from all its teammate to move forward and all the other classes need him to move forward too. In my opinion the medic is perfect as it is at this moment. As an engineer/field/cov/sold I can kill a 156 HP medic. That would be like saying take off the flak jacket of the engineer since they can survive to panzer and grenade shots, however they obtain those with XP as the medic obtain its 156 HP with XP too.

So team up with your teammates with a grenade launcher, throw it in the medic pack and then you will be fine to move forward. Or do the same with a grenade. Next time, be prepared with your teammates which can also be a bunch of medics and blow them up. This game is done like this in all the mods and in all the other servers. Also, in ETPub it's not configurable (I don't know for other mods). We could write a LUA mod for that, but I won't since I like the medic like it is.

Sorry...

The extra hp comes at a price. You will get yelled at for not reviving, and medics are generally targeted first (if in a group) by all the smarter players, giving more time to the pro engy/covie/fop to kill the rest of the team. Plus the more medics on your team the more hp you get as other classes until you hit 140 hp.

We have these discussions a lot about every class and weapon type - those rifle nade engineers are spamming up the game, we need to limit all those FG-42s, there are too many mortars, etc.

Lol what happens if someone increases the panzer limit from 1 to 2 per team? (more noob kills !!!!). Or even better =). 8 knives ! (srry i repent my noobtastic dreams ! I love knives)

just don't pay any attention when all the rambomedics whine about panzer being noob.

panzer is for blowing up medics, pure and simple. no revive.

at least FA doesn't have adrenaline =p

.. but it feels so GOOD to kill some hotshot with 56 more hp than you heeheehee

Eww. Covies with 100 hp? That's a horrible idea, that's one hs kills sniping. 1 hit kills make everything boring, no time for retaliation.

Soldiers having the most hp is a horrible idea. They have the strongest weapons, so the point is to take them out as quickly as possible, so they can't wreak havoc with powerful weapons. When you walk around the corner and there's a panzer staring you down it's hard to get off 4 hits before the panzer could fire. 3 seems about right to me. Same thing goes for flamethrower. Hell, you can't even see where you're shooting half the time through the flame, I wouldn't want to worry about an extra hit when I can't even see them.

Everything seems good the way it is to me.

• Administrators

Jaymod = frag, no one cares for objective and teamwork

Etpub = some frag, some people care about objective and more teamwork

NQ = less frag, more people care about objective and teamwork

ETPro = pure objective, less frag (more skilled) hell of a lot more teamwork

And I think every mod reflects each class and hp in its own way. I dont play one class exclusively like some people do, but you call me a nub when I am medic next map I will go engy or covert and I will own your ass, if I go soldier you will not leave the spawn. One other thing you have to understand that some people that come to server come to rate for the splatterladder and some people will say rate is nub this and that I really dont care, I play only for fun. But with rate comes more stress and some people get more vocal about getting panzered or rnade'd. Every nub can grab a panzer or rnade and get few skills, but only 5 % of the time will that person be the highest fragger. One more thing, I see more and more people going engy just to stand at the entrance or exit of a tunnel or room and just spam nades all map long, or a group of 5 people going against 1 person, in my eyes thats just sad but alas ET golden years are behind us and noone cares to have a nice duel anymore.

And I think every mod reflects each class and hp in its own way. I dont play one class exclusively like some people do, but you call me a nub when I am medic next map I will go engy or covert and I will own your ass, if I go soldier you will not leave the spawn. One other thing you have to understand that some people that come to server come to rate for the splatterladder and some people will say rate is nub this and that I really dont care, I play only for fun. But with rate comes more stress and some people get more vocal about getting panzered or rnade'd. Every nub can grab a panzer or rnade and get few skills, but only 5 % of the time will that person be the highest fragger. One more thing, I see more and more people going engy just to stand at the entrance or exit of a tunnel or room and just spam nades all map long, or a group of 5 people going against 1 person, in my eyes thats just sad but alas ET golden years are behind us and noone cares to have a nice duel anymore.

I posted this as one who normally plays as an engineer, coming out of spawn with 125HP (why we don't start topped out I still don't know). I'm an objective-oriented person. Joining a multi-player FPS for the sake of racking up kills seems pointless (but i suppose those splatterlatter folk need some ego stroking so i sympathize). I have always played ET as it was designed to be played. I don't use the scripts and binds and other command line stuff that the younger folks think is necessary to have better fun. I just join and run with the team and that's when it's the most fun. When you find two or three to run with, that's fun. Yes, I know you guys use that vent and xfire stuff to talke to each other but again that's more of that fluff and stuff that I don't feel is necessary. Just tooo much trouble. But for those of us who don't engross ourselves in the technology of internet ET, i suppose we just come up short. I usually join the allies because i see the axis folk as the kill count kinder. Big shout out to VITAMIN C who i think is a very good team player. Hats off to those who don't always play the same class.

Thanks for reading.

+1 Thats why I almost always play rnade, cuz its fun to get called out for rnade cam, aimbot, etc. after getting highest fragger and acc for 5 straight maps lol