forcing maxpacket value

Edgar

Get your facts straight. From start you are assuming too much and trying to force your assumptions.

http://bani.anime.ne...p?p=57798#57798

what is that ?

A random and old message from a forum?(i know they made etpro).

But, dude, did jaymod and noquarter mods already exist at this time?

And what about their antilag feature?

Do all mods have the same antilag/hit calculation code?(they dont).

You just cant bring a old and outdated message from a old forum which only concerns another mod(etpro).

You’re the one trying to force your assumptions by acting this way.

Every site and every person know low maxpackets value will make you warpy to other player, but you try to force your assumption with old message taken on a forum.

In etpro wars you must use 100 maxpackets. There is a raison for that...!

And cl_timenudge is forced to 0

This is the kind of things you need to read:

http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9465

Oh and and please note that you CAN force cvars with EnhancedMod(another cvar of yours)

What is antilag?

All players dont live in a same country and dont have a same ping.

If you live near the server then this server will know faster about your player’s infos( small ping + server know faster you positionr and if crouching or not ect) than it will know about a player living 1000kilometer away from it.

When this hight pinged guy shoot at you, he miss you because you moved but he did not get the info yet.

At the begening there was no “antilag” system and cl_timenudge was used to compensate this ping difference beetween a small and a hight pinged guy.

But since antilag was made there was no need to use timenudge(but to trick the engine and break our balls. in therory cl_timenudge became useless but in practice everyone can see it does makes the player lagy/warpy and hard to kill).

That why cl_timenudge is forced to zero in etpro clan war.

When you fire at a hight pinged guy, you think you hit him but you did not because he moved, you did not see it but the info about this movement came too late.

antilag gives an advantage to high pinged

low cl_maxpacket users dont necesserar have a high ping, but they infor the server less often about their position.

Low cl_maxpacket = higher ping

Just test it.

With the antilag system, they are harder to kill.

I misspelled, but again I do not want to bore myself because this topic will surely be closed and I have other things to do than your education

Wrong. That is not true in all cases, it is entirely dependent on your upstream provider (or the operator who controls your rate limits internally or externally where ever your location is)

Yes I know there are a few exceptions but they are exceptions, and they are rare.

Generaly the upload is still well below the download, so why talking about a rare particular case? there connxion are not used to by normal person but compagnies which host web servers.

Yes I know there are a few exceptions but they are exceptions, and they are rare.

Generaly the upload is still well below the download, so why talking about a rare particular case? there connxion are not used to by normal person but compagnies which host web servers.

Wrong again. Exceptions are not rare.

Global carriers would limit your ISP to certain guaranteed rate limit and bandwidth capacity say for example 10MB or 100MB and then your ISP would limit their end-users to a certain number which is ofcourse lower than their limit capacity (100MB for that example)

In the world of audio/video relay streaming station, upload limit is considered as critical and required to be more and higher than the download limit.

You as a probably a user level client is under rate limits of where your upload is guaranteed to a number below your download limit, based on what ISP feels that their clients (you) should experience, or have or paying for.

microsoft or cisco offices, they have the capacity to download GB of data in a few seconds...I can name more but I think you can only accept assumptions, not facts.

If you are paying for 20MB/20MB upload/download rate limit, and you're not getting that fixed at both sides, then it is wrong to assume that IT is a general setup. You are simply not getting what you are paying for or your link is simply being shared to the rest of the client group.

• Clan Friend

When you fire at a hight pinged guy, you think you hit him but you did not because he moved, you did not see it but the info about this movement came too late. antilag gives an advantage to high pinged

You obviously don't know how antilag works, what you describe here is what happens without antilag.

Actually it's not even that, in only a few words you managed to put so many wrong infos, and that says enough about your knowledge and understanding of the matter (or rather the lack of it).

- the fact that players move, and the position you see is old doesn't matter, because antilag stores old positions and those old positions are used to check for hit detection. The server sends you a snapshot and it stores it in memory, then when you shoot, hit detection is calculated with that old snapshot, so players cannot be in other positions, as you and other fools and 'pros' believe. That can happen without antilag.

As simple as that, but apparently you can't even grasp such simple things. When you don't know how something works (antilag) you shouldn't talk about it (and yes, antilag is antilag, it doesn't matter if it's etpro, jaymod, silent, nq, etpub, etc. the concept is the same, unlagged2 by Neil Toronto or whatever it was. Storing old snapshots when they are sent and using them again)

- without antilag players move from the snapshot you see, but that doesn't depend on their ping, only yours. (and by the way, only an idiot would play without antilag so who cares about what happens without).

Ping is just a delay, if I have 0 ping and I move in the instant '100', or I ping 100 and I move in the instant '0' it's the same thing. And again everyone with a brain would understand it, because it's so damn simple.

Why do you think that only the high pinger would be 'off'? What's the difference between having a high ping, and deciding to move after a while? But it's futile to try to understand your logic, since there is no logic in that sentence.

- antilag doesn't give an advantage to high pingers, the ones who have the (slight!) advantage are, were, and will always be low pingers, since they shoot first, they have less prediction errors and so they can hit better.

Anyway the solution to your whine is: play with low maxpackets, you will see that you will still lose. Maybe use a network simulator and raise your ping artificially if that helps for you. You will lose even more.

But please don't talk about things you don't know because we are not 'that' stupid. Thank you.

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

I misspelled, but again I do not want to bore myself because this topic will surely be closed and I have other things to do than your education

You, sir, are a retard

you are the one who needs education

• Like 2

Wrong again. Exceptions are not rare.

stop the blabla and just give some examples of ISP which sell connexion whichs have upload rate = download rate

Give some examples.

do you even read what you post?

"Bell Internet FibeMC 50/50 est le seul à vous offrir autant de vitesse pour télécharger que partager"

"Bell Internet FibeMC 50/50 is the only one to offer as much speed to download that share"

only one ISP in the canada has such a commercial offer, a commercial offer more expensive than the others and is much less used. and it does not alter what I said

on this page you post

You obviously don't know how antilag works

these nabs who know nothing but try to bring it on.

plus i already read you talking about this maxpackets, saying it should be forced to 100 or saying low values should be allowed

and now you're telling the oposite.

contradicting for the sake of contradiction, contradicting to go in the direction of what he knows is the desire of the admins, even if he even told the oposite himself before.

Reverse inversion(an incompetent talking about the incompetence of others).

total bad faith

You, sir, are a retard

you are the one who needs education

Bringing some insults(“retard”) to receive a chocolate medal because it has been a good soldier

pretend not to understand what was said.

You’re just a sad and little shit squatting this forum to build e-glory, a e-reputation, a e-penis

Please take this huge =F|A= -penis of yours, and go plant it in the ass of your mother.

wow can someone lock this apparently Edgar cant have a decent civilised conversation with out being sarcastic and insulting. as for his above post DD stated earlier all his post turn out this way. from what i see dd laid out all the info if you cant understand simple English then we cant help you but to come on our forum and insult our admins well imop id ban you just for that last comment never mind your other post. do us all a favor and grow up.

• Clan Friend
plus i already read you talking about this maxpackets, saying it should be forced to 100 or saying low

I never contradicted myself.

- I said that players with low maxpackets warp, i.e. don't move smoothly (no shit, it's well known)

- I said that it's not such a big issue (try 30 maxpackets yourself, and see if they hit you)

- I said that warping is one thing, but being unhittable is another, and unhittable players don't exist (try to get some infos about how antilag, and hit detection in general work)

- I said that antilag doesn't work the way you say, and it's not related with people being unhittable, because unhittable players don't exist, and it doesn't give any advantage to anyone, let alone high pingers.

I don't see any contradiction here.

I called you retard, because someone who appeals to what 'everyone knows', who quotes random websites, then says the quote from etpro website is not relevant, who says bullshit like 'the server doesn't know your position' 'you can hide your position' etc. as if there was more than one position (apart from the one you have in the server), is someone who is not just a plain ignorant. You say bs, then you persist in an arrogant fashion, instead of reading what people try to explain to you, *that* imho is being stubborn as a retard, and not like a rational person should be.

I'm sorry if it sounds like an insult, but if you don't want to be called retard don't act as one.

And this whole thing about upload and download speed is ot, and irrelevant. The question is: is a player with 30 maxpackets 'unhittable'? Does timenudge make you harder to hit? What does 'unhittable' mean exactly? Who cares about upload.

The point is not that I haven't understood what you say, I've understood what you mean, and I've understood that it's a load of bs.

Now gimme a break with all that e-penis story, because it's irrelevant to the topic. You don't know how antilag and hit detection works, prove me wrong or gtfo

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

My old ass was learning something till the insult came in.

tks for the info sunlight and rest of ya, well besides numbnuts ( Edgar ). Don't like hes attitude in either of hes topics.

The problem is that when people with fake accounts start trolling, it's a bit hard not to lose your patience.

He called me incompetent, when the only thing he is competent at is trolling. (I never said I am competent btw, only that he isn't)

By the way, from jaymod docs:

Jaymod implements Neil "Haste" Toronto's antilag scheme

from etpro:

completely new antilag system. adapted from neil toronto's unlagged2.1 work. it is more efficient and far more accurate than etmain's antilag code.

quote from Neil Toronto's unlagged for Quake:

Doesn't using cl_timenudge make you look jerky to other players?

No, definitely not, in any way, shape, or form.

Does Unlagged give high pingers the advantage?

Though many have theorized that this is the case (and even asserted it as fact and used it in speaking out against lag compensation), Unlagged does not give high pingers any extra advantage over low pingers.

you don't need to be a modder to understand it.

!owned

the rest is blablabla

This was a really informational topic, in which I thought there was a logical argument by the OP until I read this:

stop the blabla and just give some examples of ISP which sell connexion whichs have upload rate = download rate

Give some examples.

only one ISP in the canada has such a commercial offer, a commercial offer more expensive than the others and is much less used. and it does not alter what I said

Your point has been disproven and your only logical response now is:

Please take this huge =F|A= -penis of yours, and go plant it in the ass of your mother.

But thanks to everyone else who actually submitted accurate information, I did learn quite a bit.

Like SunLight wrote, you are a huge troll and lack even the simplest form of respect. It's a shame that two pages had to be wasted to discover that. SunLight explained the problem well enough for everyone to understand, there is no need to keep this up any longer.

Nevertheless, your old account OuttaMyWay was deactivated one month ago for obvious reasons, yet you had nothing better to do than come back and stir things up. A deactivated account is no invitation to register another one. What a sad way of spending one's time.

(Since you feel obligated to ask people for proof about everything: Check our Community Guidelines. Paragraph 1, 6 and 9.)

• Like 7