Grandpa wrestles shark, saves kids

brynne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tmdAy1UQY28

Did this grandpa miss the deluge of news reports about shark bites this year? Watch 62-year-old Welshman Paul Marshallsea wrestle a 6-foot shark back out to sea with his bare hands when the saw-toothed creature came terrifyingly close to some kids playing at Bulcock Beach in Australia. The vacationer-turned-hero says, "My instincts took over and I just grabbed the shark by the tail ... He turned on me and just missed me with a bite. It nearly took my leg off in a split second; it was that quick."

• Like 1

I hate they kill sharks after a person has been killed by one. I live in South Australia. Only part of Australia that gets great white. We go and invade their homes by swimming in the sea. Natural instinct for them is to protect or feed. When they attack people they don't do it for a bit of fun. Most people who get attacked don't want the shark to be destroyed... It's the government that sadly decides this.

On a side note MaKy was swimming near a reef as a teen and thought he saw a shark under him..... Turned out to be a scoober diver... I bet he swam faster than Michael phelps that day :)

• Like 2