Who needs a hard drive? Kingston announces 1TB flash drive

Corey

Kingston 1TB Flash Drive

Remember the scene in This is Spinal Tap when guitarist Nigel Tufnel showed off amplifiers whose volume went all the way up to 11? Well it looks as though Kingston has taken a similar approach with its new DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 flash drive that can store as much as 1TB — yes, that’s one terabyte — of data. Needless to say, such an enormous flash drive packs some decent speed as well and Kingston says it delivers a maximum 240Mbps read speed and a 160Mbps write speed. Kingston hasn’t yet announced pricing for its 1TB flash drive, but given that its 512GB drive sells for $1337, then it’s highly likely that the 1TB version will be in the $2,500 range.

b.gif?host=bgr.com&blog=36424464&post=28q4lOzx0uH0g

View the full article

• Like 1

Meh, I have a 16Gb and I only use that about once a year. Who really needs to carry around a flash drive anymore? Especially with cloud storage becoming more popular? Hell, my Seagate GoFlex 3TB hard drive can be accessed anywhere I have internet, while it sits at home I can be at work and be like oh, I want to listen to Rage Against the Machine. Go to seagate.com/share and login and theres access to my hard drive. Screw this. I paid $150 for my 3TB. /end rant