Why CS:GO is unpopular?

jiidu

I think a major issue here is that you can play CS:GO without really having to choose a specific server. You can play by choosing a game type such as destruction, deathmatch, etc. and the mainserver will do the connection for you. So I regularly play CS:GO, but rarely on clan servers. Only via random server connection upon selecting the game mod.

The game itself though is pretty good - I like it very much.

Edited by Spaceballs

• 2 weeks later...

I like the game, but not as much as ET. Here´s what i think:

1.6 > GO

I admit that many pro players and teams passed to GO, but many players out there still prefer 1.6. I recommend opening a 1.6 server, or swap with this one. If so, count me in. ;)

Regards.

• 2 months later...

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=finnish

CSGOs peak players gone over 1.6. 1.6 had over 55k players at some point but many people have transisted from CSS and 1.6 to GO. And they will continue to transist until go is the sole leader of CS. All the pros have already transisted and many players will give it a try. Many old problems fixed etc. I think its the bvest CS there is, not that i play CS lots anymore. Have about 1400h put to CS.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CS GO is very popular but most players play on ESEA servers for comp or use the que system to play on Steam servers. Dedicated are only populated if they host gungame such as dogz server or other various versions. I only play Comp or the gungame, I never search for a dedicated server when the steam servers assign you against people your skill level.