Shootings in Newton, Connecticut

ApfelGanja

I respect your opinion, but if you look at countries in Europe and other MEDC's that do not have an equivalent of the 2nd amendment, firearm homicides and other gun crimes are among the highest rates. Maybe not 1st place but definitely up there!

I have a feeling no one will agree with me, but that is just my opinion.

Anyways, this post is not about the 2nd amendment, but about the 26 people that died because of a certain trigger-happy psycho.

No i do agree with you. There will always be idiots/criminals that can get a gun if they try. Our last mass murder here was 1996. We brought in gun laws because of this and have not had a mass shooting since. Sure we have shootings, but most are drug related. You can still own a gun here. Its just alot of tests before hand, gun and ammo both when not in use need to be in seperate locked safes. You can own a handgun for range shooting and a rifle for hunting. You and all guns (limited amount) need to be registered and you will have checks done by police. The guy in China who stabbed 20 children, those children all survived and get to spend christmas with their families. I dont think "banning" guns is the answer. Cant and wont ever work. But tighter laws should be brought in to help prevent something like this ever happening again

• Like 2

My belief is in the fact the people no longer care about people I see it everyday day in and day out. Violence against kids, elderly, family members, gays , blacks you name it. So more along the path that society will bear the burden for more crimes of any nature due to a desensitized environment. What was a heinous crime 50 years ago would not even make a front page blurb in this day and age. There is no need to point out the fact that a gun was used in this and a 1000 other crimes that day. What we need to figure out is why have people of a civilized society become so brutal and vulgar. There will always be violence in any society but unprovoked attacks on innocent victims is unacceptable. I have shed tears again today for The 18 Angels and probably more tomorrow. I really am having a terrible time with this. Putting my kids on the bus today seemed frightening. So look around at the people you know and don't know and keep a watchful eye for the good and the bad.

• Like 2

Funk, At the risk of starting a huge debate he goes. IMO the reasons that we as a civilized society have be come so brutal and vulgar is that the core values of the traditional community structure. We are a world of "Me's" and not "We's". Instead of asking what you can get from the world, you should be asking what good can I give to the world in the span of my life. The news media sensationalizes every story 24 hrs a day and tries to tell us that the world is a evil, total corrupt place and I challenge that NO it is not and evil people only prey on the weak and defenseless because WE as a society allow them too. We establish FREE KILL ZONES were it is well know to these criminals that the populace will be unable to defend themselves under the law, a law that strips citizens of the undeniable right of defense and to bear arms. I'm not saying that we need to militarize our schools but we should also allow the adults that work in these settings to carry. If they are mentally competent to care for and teach our children then how can you argue that they are incompetent to carry in the school setting by their own choice. NO amount to law will deter the lawless from their heinous acts, only good people that are properly prepared to defend themselves and others can do that. and finally there is a definite lacking of the moral code that defined us as a people to do the right thing in all situations regardless of how we felt, Those moral values like it or not came from the bible and the word of GOD, And there you have it, IMO its the godlessness of society that was these people running around like little monkey children living by the law of the jungle while the rest of us are suppose to feel sorry for them, we not from me.

Funk, At the risk of starting a huge debate he goes. IMO the reasons that we as a civilized society have be come so brutal and vulgar is that the core values of the traditional community structure. We are a world of "Me's" and not "We's". Instead of asking what you can get from the world, you should be asking what good can I give to the world in the span of my life. The news media sensationalizes every story 24 hrs a day and tries to tell us that the world is a evil, total corrupt place and I challenge that NO it is not and evil people only prey on the weak and defenseless because WE as a society allow them too. We establish FREE KILL ZONES were it is well know to these criminals that the populace will be unable to defend themselves under the law, a law that strips citizens of the undeniable right of defense and to bear arms. I'm not saying that we need to militarize our schools but we should also allow the adults that work in these settings to carry. If they are mentally competent to care for and teach our children then how can you argue that they are incompetent to carry in the school setting by their own choice. NO amount to law will deter the lawless from their heinous acts, only good people that are properly prepared to defend themselves and others can do that. and finally there is a definite lacking of the moral code that defined us as a people to do the right thing in all situations regardless of how we felt, Those moral values like it or not came from the bible and the word of GOD, And there you have it, IMO its the godlessness of society that was these people running around like little monkey children living by the law of the jungle while the rest of us are suppose to feel sorry for them, we not from me.

If that's how you feel, fair enough, and I agree with your viewpoint to a certain extent, but this has nothing to do with religion. The Arab-Israeli conflict, among other things, is a war of religion. But people across the Atlantic in the US gunning down their fellow Americans doesn't have anything to do with God, Allah, Yahve or other gods. Also, that today's moral values came from the word of god 'whether we like it or not' is something many people will not agree on with you. I do not want to get into religious debates here on this page so that is all I will say.

RIP to the victims

Edited by ApfelGanja

My opinion is one thing. something he could do ... What does that mean, and what was the purpose? really feel sorry for these innocent and defenseless children. what they have to do so? sympathy parents. not know what more to say. Only two words come to my head. Grief and sorrow!

• Like 1

Guns aren't controlled in USA, they had there another proof that it's a mistake, hope they will realize it next time it will happen. Because, as long as there are nutters in this world, tragedies like that will happen, and guns are obviously helpful to kill people.

RIP

You know what annoys me the most...

The way this kind topics always end up going.

First 5-10 posts with how terrible it is what happened and feeling sorry for the lost of lives (children or not)

pages full of comments why guns should(n't) be banned. I would enter a meme here if the topic wasn't this serious...

For sake people, gun kill... No matter what you say, they do.

They are bad in no matter who hands, sometimes you need bad things to protect the good or to survive. But they stay bad

Call me naive or what ever, but really WHY do these kind of things always have to derail in a gun discussion...

The whole gun discussion should be hold, but NOT in the same topics, newsreport, discussions , ...

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 1

You know what annoys me the most...

The way this kind topics always end up going.

First 5-10 topics with how terrible it is what happened and feeling sorry for the lost of lives (children or not)

pages full of comments why guns should(n't) be banned. I would enter a meme here if the topic wasn't this serious...

For sake people, gun kill... No matter what you say, they do.

They are bad in no matter who hands, sometimes you need bad things to protect the good or to survive. But they stay bad

Call me naive or what ever, but really WHY do these kind of things always have to derail in a gun discussion...

The whole gun discussion should be hold, but NOT in the same topics, newsreport, discussions , ...

Just my 2 cents...

I suppose your 2 cents ring true. I apologise if I offended anyone.

i can't bellive how can someone even do that, how could he shot 20 kids who were just chilldrens.... i think you must be really stupid to do something like that, i didnt even know that so stupid ppl live on this planet

It's not about stupidity.