Have some of you buy an hybrid car ?

AnG3L

A friend of mine had a Honda Civic Hybrid-R.

In the Netherlands too expensive to keep as a lease car, so after the contract he changed it for a Renault Clio Diesel. Cheaper to drive. Also, those hybrids have batteries way worse for the environment than just petrol, at this moment.

I think a hybrid is not worth it. like a low-maintenance but ... batteries are working and some time alone just as you need to buy new ... can be cost-effective but you need to repair or buy it only hurts the pocket ...

The positive part that you can talk about how you save the environment. The negative part that it is more expensive, doesn't have any significant advantage for driving and you'll be a hypocrite.

Edited by rolf

^^ True, I recall that test. It wasn't even a BMW 3diesel but a M3. However, that was when the Prius went full power and the M3 was just following. An M3 is made for that speed, or at least can handle it a lot better. For every car, driving near red it isn't really efficient, and that's why the Prius was rubbish (amongst the other reasons as you state :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Hybrid car is friendly to the environment, obviously i think we have to worry about stopping to pollute.

another funfact for ya: hybrids aint gona stop pollution. tbh its not about the cars, its about everything else! factories, ppl throwing shit in the nature, airplanes/helicopters, wars, and every single spray can(hair spray, paint can's etc.)

so as i said, before u try to fix the cars, fix everything else that pollutes more.

not arguing for hybrids but just throwing in a consideration. Here in the states the avg. price of gas is current 3.43/gal. Diesel is 3.98/gal. Is the MPG difference worth it?

^^ Read my post again, it wasn't a that well balanced test :P Also, as far as I know there does not exists an M3 Diesel, at least never one sold by BMW in the Netherlands.

Also, diesels tend to drive more efficient. 28km/l isn't that weird, but non-efficient volvos can get 22km/l easily. For hybrids you're closer to 15~18km/l. (no idea how to translate that to any non-metric system btw)

Edited by rolf