New components

Ann!b@l

What an awesome build Annibal. Just a heads up on the Samsung SSD. If you haven't already done so, set up over-provisioning on it. It will allow TRIM/garbage collection to work in the background and give your drive a longer lifespan. I got one a few months ago after my Force3 died after about a year. It feels a little slower but otherwise no issues thus far.

As I understood  HAF 932 would be with great airflow, hence the abbreviation High Air Flow, with 20cm fans. I had the impression from reviews that Phantom is kind of hotter.

About CPU heat sinks: I´ve always thought that water cooling is waste of money unless you want to get the most powerful CPU and boost it on 5+ Ghz. Because water cooling costs about 100 euros and with this money you can always get next level CPU. Haven´t looked around for CPU cooling yet so can´t recommend you some.

Waiting my Corsair Carbide 500r to arrive in a week or so. I could let you know how it performs if you´re interested.

Powerful PC you are putting together.

The carbide 500r is an awesome case. I nearly got one but ended up getting a killer deal on my current case that was too good to pass on. One thing about the new line of close-loop water coolers. They are more expensive, but they are way easier to install and deal with that some of the larger air coolers on the market, and you don't have to worry about your motherboard getting warped during a hot summer. As you probably know, the Corsair H-100 is designed to fit right in the 500r. Although bang for the buck, I think something along the line of the H80 is a better deal with a push/pull setup. If your only going to run at stock speeds, you probably wouldn't need much more than a Cooler Master 212 Evo

Look fwd to pics of your builds.

Just for the record:

closed loop watercoolers do NOT cool (much) better then High-end aircoolers (both costing about the same anyway, closed loop sometimes more expensive). It just way cleaner in your case and it takes away the weight from your mobo  (for the last reason I love the H80 I won).

Just for the record:

closed loop watercoolers do NOT cool (much) better then High-end aircoolers (both costing about the same anyway, closed loop sometimes more expensive). It just way cleaner in your case and it takes away the weight from your mobo  (for the last reason I love the H80 I won).

Absolutely agree. They lack the reservoir that a custom water cooling setup has and obviously won't cool below ambient temps. To me it's just a matter of wether you want a giant tower cooler bolted to the motherboard or a small water block and some fans blowing on a radiator. One of the reasons why I like the Cool Master 212 and others like it is they are an awesome cooler for a reasonable price.

You could always go phase change if you want to be pro. B)

1.JPG

Absolutely agree. They lack the reservoir that a custom water cooling setup has and obviously won't cool below ambient temps. To me it's just a matter of wether you want a giant tower cooler bolted to the motherboard or a small water block and some fans blowing on a radiator. One of the reasons why I like the Cool Master 212 and others like it is they are an awesome cooler for a reasonable price.

You could always go phase change if you want to be pro. B)

1.JPG

Phase change also have its problems :P => condensation I thought was one of the main problems

Nah, I'm going to stick with custom loop (planning to install it this summer for graphics and cpu)

Cheap and good: I love the gelid Tranquillo for that reason, all my builds got it (no longer trust the stock coolers after some bad experiences :s)

Edited by DrJoske