How to get access to lights behind center dash panel?

Revenant

Hey all

Have an old hyundai accent (2002 model) that's been a great little car for my purposes, but the light under the center panel seems to have burnt out. When it's dark in the AM and I have all the lights on, I can see my stereo no problem, but the light that is usually on behind the air/heat/vent controls is dark.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to go about getting to this light and replacing it?

Rev

I thought about the fuse, but couldn't find a design layout to show me which fuse it might be that would need to be replaced. I'll probably check that again this weekend to make sure.

From what I've read, it looks like I'll have to take the center console apart to access the light behind it. It's not worth the hassle just yet. :P I've got the dial positions memorized. :P

It's most likely going to be your bulbs are bad, or you have bad connections.

Try turning your lights on, and hit the dash in the area (dont break it, just enough to produce a strong vibration) and see if your lights come on a little, flicker, etc... If they flicker, your bulbs are good, but you have a bad connection.

If after several times hitting the area you have no response, it's most likely the bulbs. But I'm guessing you should have 3 or more bulbs on the HVAC, and to have all 3 go out at once, is very rare.

• Like 1

It's most likely going to be your bulbs are bad, or you have bad connections.

Try turning your lights on, and hit the dash in the area (dont break it, just enough to produce a strong vibration) and see if your lights come on a little, flicker, etc... If they flicker, your bulbs are good, but you have a bad connection.

If after several times hitting the area you have no response, it's most likely the bulbs. But I'm guessing you should have 3 or more bulbs on the HVAC, and to have all 3 go out at once, is very rare.

Percussional engineering is always the best place to start. Especially with dash problems :P

• Like 2