Firefox Homepage Hijacked by Claro-Search

Faithless

Hello, I can recently acquired the Search Engine Malware? (I think it is a Malware)

http://isearch.claro-search.com/?affID=114169&tt=120812_bandext_3312_4&babsrc=HP_iclro&mntrId=907087e4000000000000002185985c90

I can not for the life of me take back the "HOMEPAGE" I have searched around everywhere and found how to take over the "NEW TAB" issue and it is back to Google.ro

But I have yet to find a single issue with the Homepage being automatically hijacked and sending me straight back to the website no matter what I do to change the URL.

I have done the following things:

1. I searched in: Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, but I found no one program associated with this file.
  2. I searched in Mozilla: Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions, but here I have not found "claro search". or something like
  3. I scanned my PC for viruses with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, but I have not found neither a virus.

I can set the homepage to "Blank" which solves the issue. BUT I want Claro off from my computer for good not just covered up with settings.

If you know how to fix this, Please be detailed and simple.

Also! If i type anything into the search bar incorrectly it automatically uses iSearch-Claro to search for results.

Any help please ? :(

Regards,

Have you tried using Search program in your computer? You can go ahead and search for Cloro, or anything like it. I've had this problem with a different search engine, I reinstalled firefox, and it seemed to have fixed it. Not to sure of Cloro, or where you got it from, but all you can try is search Cloro in your search program in your computer, or reinstall Firefox. When you search for the program, put "cloro" only. If anything pops up, that you think may be causing the problem go to the source, and see what you can do.

Have you tried using Search program in your computer?

Yes, I already looked in My Computer -> Local Disk C -> Search: Claro, but I did not find anything. :( It's annoying because when I open a new tab appear the search engine "Claro".

Go to START > RUN and enter msconfig . A new popup will appear showing System Configuration

Look into STARTUP and SERVICES for Claro or something and delete then reboot and see.

Nothing seems to work. I tried all methods ... I have to do to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it again, I will come up with an answer soon.

Not a FF expert, but run it with no extension active.

Download ccleaner. Ensure all blocks are checked.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Thanks for your help but I have already installed Ccleaner on my computer and i have installed Dll-FileFixer with registry scan. :)

I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox again and it worked. I got rid of the problem with "Claro search". I saw on the internet that many people complain about this problem. :hmm

Anyway, thanks guys for your help. :)