Steam Greenlight - Initiative to save Enemy Territory

Spaceballs

Today, on Jay 1, a player named Kwizzlord turned my attention towards an apparently new Steamversion, named Steam Greenlight, which servers as a means to publish older games, if I understood correctly. Now some people try to motivate the ET community to act and persuade Splash Damage to authorize use of the ET software on Steam, in order to revive Enemy Territory and make make the game grow again. Whether this is possible or not, depends on the developer. However, a few eager followers have already started a topic @ Splash Damage. For those interested, here is the link to the journal: Save ET

And here is the direct link to the Splash Damage forum with the appeal thread.

What do you think about it?

Edited by Thistle

Oh my god this is amazing!! What a BRILLIANT idea!! Bring back the epic oldies!!

But yeah, I would love to see ET included!

Greenlight is NOT for old games, it's for indie games to get a chance of getting on steam by getting the support from the community rather than having to hope the valve rating team (just giving it a name here XD) approving it .

You can still try to convince the developers though... It is allowed to put games on it in every state (so oldfart et should be allowed ^^)

EDIT: well, don't think w:et can be considered an indie title though, so maybe not possible to put in on their anyway.

Edited by DrJoske

Steam needs to profit, what profit will they get out of a free game? But if they do choose to turn a free game into money then my best bet is that ET will LOSE players instead.

This is a good idea, and I don't mind being apart of it; but I don't see it becoming true.

Steam needs to profit, what profit will they get out of a free game? But if they do choose to turn a free game into money then my best bet is that ET will LOSE players instead.

This is a good idea, and I don't mind being apart of it; but I don't see it becoming true.

Steam have plenty of free games already ;) Including TF2 and other OLMP's

It sure wouldn't be a good idea to try and make money out of ET. The game is too old and it has always been free. So, that's a no-go. However, some publicity wouldn't do any harm I guess. And if more people were to join the ET community, hell yeah! Look at Counter Strike. Old game, and still played by so many people. I always enjoyed playing Enemy Territory and I sure would encourage anyone to support the initiative, if he wants to see ET revived. As for our community, I don't see ET dying anytime soon. And by the time it dies, other games will come. That's just how it works.

I want Minecraft on steam... I'll buy it when it's 75% off ;] lmao

Won't happen ^^

Notch don't want it...

People have to pay for stuff they want in the game though if I am correct? ET has none of that.

Nope: http://store.steampowered.com/app/212800/

Edited by DrJoske