FA ET Name Generator

RedBaird

• Leader

I clicked on the ET Name Generator tab today, http://fearless-assa...-generator.html , and finally understood why I had so much trouble convincing an English-Second-Language player that he should not have FA tags on.

The Generator's result window is pre-loaded with the codes for =F|A=, and he first showed up on a jaymod server with that as his name: "=F|A=". I now realize now that most of the time I was trying to convince him to stop using the FA tag, he was AFK, trying to run the Name Gen page! I spent a long time trying to get his AFK attention, when he changed his name to "=F|A==F|A=" ! From his point of view, he was just doing what the FA page told him to do. I assumed that the 'nickname generator' he was talking about was a non-FA tool he found somewhere, so while he was trying to ask me how to put his name after FA, I was trying to tell him to take the FA off. Remember, he was gone most of the time I was trying to explain the problem to him!

He finally got his name to show FA with his handle. THEN, he hung around long enough for me to get him to understand he should not have FA tags on. Ang3l was on-server by this time and between the two of us, we got him to take them off. I think he was really disappointed. He had spent a lot of time trying to get it just right, and then is told he can't do that. From his point of view, FA invited him to put the tags on and then told him to take them off.

You might consider removing the pre-loaded codes for =FA= and putting them in the private FA forum.

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Going to change =F|A= and make it =ENG= so we can easily figure that newbie used nick name generator :)

ENG for ET Name Generator

• Like 2