NFL FanstayFootball

soulJAHmon

Well, we are about to kick off the NFL season. I am the commissioner for my FFL , and I am a passionate Seattle Seahawks fan.

So, my free time will be split between =F|A= forum/COD4gaming & my football habit until the season's over, so don't be surprised if my activity drops a little. Especially during game-times, usually Sunday's. =F|A= will get most of my time weeknight's.

Here's the link to my Boat Building Baller's home page if anyone cares to follow my fight for the Championship! (My team is: Iron Lion Soul Train)

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/144318

Cool, we hold our draft on sept 1st, I'm keeping 2 players from last years team, Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson.

ya, I feel a little better about both of late, and they both the type that should make good comebacks. besides, im my league, elite qb's are hard to come by, i snagged peyton late last year after the guy who had him finally needed bye week help, and thought it'd be safe to drop him.........SNAG!

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, reconsidering keepers. I have Matt Ryan, Jimmy Graham, and 4 top-tier wide -outs; A.J.Green, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, and Jordy Nelson. I want all these guys back too. If I don't take Adrian Peterson, my first chance to get a RB would be the end of 3rd round, yikes!. And Peyton/Ryan?, OR I could still say "screw it" and not keep anyone, and basically re-draft my whole team, therefore preserving my first 2 draft choices in the first 2 rounds. What should I do???

PS; if a leader reads this, will you please move this thread to the sports section?

Edited by soulJAHmon

I'm rooting for terrell owens :)

Terrell Owens' return to the NFL was short-lived.

The Seattle Seahawks announced Sunday they had terminated the 38-year-old receiver's contract. NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 90 to 75 players by 4 p.m. ET on Monday.

Soulja come on! No Patriots on there?! Gronkowski? Hernandez? Brady? Welker? I see potential in the Olympic running back, Demp, as well! Come on man!

Ugh, reconsidering keepers. I have Matt Ryan, Jimmy Graham, and 4 top-tier wide -outs; A.J.Green, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, and Jordy Nelson. I want all these guys back too. If I don't take Adrian Peterson, my first chance to get a RB would be the end of 3rd round, yikes!. And Peyton/Ryan?, OR I could still say "screw it" and not keep anyone, and basically re-draft my whole team, therefore preserving my first 2 draft choices in the first 2 rounds. What should I do???

PS; if a leader reads this, will you please move this thread to the sports section?

I have never done a keeper league so I know nothing about the strategy of letting go and re-drafting players :(

So are you saying if you decide to re draft your entire team you get your first and second round picks? and if you keep two people you lose your first and second round?

I don't know who is expected to be up on the board when the draft starts, but I don't think either of your QB's are worth giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick for.

I think Adrian Peterson and/or Jimmy Graham may be worth holding onto though. idk about holding both of them but maybe 1 :P

*MOVED* :fixed

Here is how my draft went. No keepers. just a 10 team snake draft.

fdffdo.png

Edited by Corey

@ Corey That's a nice line-up except a little weak on RB's.

@ everyone Let me explain the keepers better. No entire line-up stuff. Simply put if I keep 1, I lose 1st pick & keep picks 2-whatever; If I keep 2, then I lose both 1st and 2nd pick, and keep the rest of the picks ; but if I don't keep anyplayers from last year's roster, I get to keep ALL this year's picks intact.

I agree, the safest guy who's worth a 1 or 2 is Jimmy Graham. I think Peyton's not as risky as people think, he's played pretty well , taken some hits no problem, and shows typical Peyton command of his new offence, , and Peterson is a freak and seems recovered from the knee as well. With our league being 12 teams deep this year it'll put a higher premium on good players., so I still not sure what to do....But I gotta figure it out, tommorrow morning is our draft, so time's runnin out for me....

@Krayzie This was last year's roster, trying to decide on keepers for tommorrow's draft, don't worry I have some Pats high on my pre-rank draft list...

Edited by soulJAHmon

Calling All NFL FF Guru's!! Last chance to help a brother out. I welcome any useful advise before tommorrow morning's Draft

http://fantasy.nfl.c...e/144318/team/1

Ok, heres the link to my roster. I decided to roll the dice with Peyton and Adrian. Peyton because Our league's point scale heavily favors elite QBs. And Adrian because top RBs are also important, and I was picking too late to nab any other top-tier guy. I was planning on going after Graham with my 3rd pick, but the team in front of me got him!

@ Krayzie See! I got the Pats D, and Hernandez. Not too shabby.

@ Corey You an Eagles fan? What kind of insider knowledge you have on them?

Edited by soulJAHmon

Hey souljah being I had trouble getting a team together I ended up in an autodraft league so I basically got to give priority to guys and it auto picked from there. heres what I ended up with.

QB

Matthew Stafford

Andrew Luck

WR

Calvin Johnson

Victor Cruz

Steve Smith

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Nate Washington

RB

Fred Jackson

Darren Sproles