HELP WITH MAP BROADCAST

joeydabull

Question

can anyone help me please i keep crashing on map broadcast the map go's to load and like 1/4 into loading it freezes and sometime i have to restart my pc cause i can't get to windows but all other maps work fine it's just that one

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Could you please click on the "click here" link next to the line "To view technical information about the error report, click here" and post a screenshot of the information it gives you so we can see the details of the error?

as seen here: post-5533-0-78048700-1341349520_thumb.jpg

Edited by GI-JOE

//merged with other topic and moved to COD support section

I wonder if replacing the map files themselves would help resolve this issue

1. Download this .zip file and extract it anywhere on your computer http://www.freefilehosting.net/broadcast (scanned for viruses and malware both came back clean)

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Activision\ Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare\zone\english and copy the following files: mp_broadcast.ff and mp_broadcast_load.ff and paste them somewhere you can find easily so you have a back up of these files in case something goes wrong

3. Take the mp_broadcast.ff and mp_broadcast_load.ff files you just downloaded and move them to the english folder and click yes to replace the files

4. Restart your computer and launch cod4 and start your own server on the map Broadcast or join whatever server you play on usually and wait for broadcast to come up and see if that fixed anything

If that doesn't work just take the files I had you copy for a back up and put them back in the folder and we'll have to look into other possible causes