Gaming mouse

VvwvV

Gaming mouse  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should i?

is a optical mouse not a laser mouse :(

personally I prefer optical above laser :P

laser => doesn't work really well on some surfaces (optical same, but personally I don't encounter much problems there XD)

love my logitech g400

Edited by DrJoske

laser => doesn't work really well on some surfaces (optical same, but personally I don't encounter much problems there XD)

love my logitech g400

laser+ good mousepad is the best .

@ VvwvV for 10 dollar is the mouse good. free tip: buy a good mousepad too

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ

love my logitech g400

:yeyelove my logitech g400

:agree

Edited by kouklos

i want to get a g400 but its not fitting my budget. I guess ill get this mouse just for the heck of it

I have a RAT 7 gaming mouse. took a while to get used to it but it seems pretty good.

Thats fricking like 100 dollars

That mouse looks terrible. I can only recommend a logitech since that is what I've used mx518, g5, g500.

However this is probably pretty decent and its on sale for $15 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193059 . G500s go on sale from time to time for $35 on slickdeals.net.

looks pretty good, but big for my tastes. Everypony knows that small mouses are better.

lol que :o

I got small hands, but hate small mouses :s

• Clan Friend

Everyone always said optical > laser, I don't know if that has changed recently.

I see you haven't tested your mouse with the tool I had posted (I suggested you to check the mouse you have, before deciding), that's ok, you are not forced to use that tool, but imho for 10 bucks you could end up having a mouse that's not much better than the one you have already, that's why I voted no.

And don't forget the mouse pad and mouse feet. One day I was playing bad, and I felt like I had no control over my mouse movements, so I tried an old mouse pad I used to have when I started ET, maan it was so difficult to move with all that friction... a gaming mouse on a crappy pad is much worse, believe me. You basically can't play with highsens on a crappy pad.

So you should ask yourself, why are you buying a new mouse? Why will it be better than the mouse you own already?

- sensor quality? (I doubt that one has a pro sensor, and for et you don't need more than 400 dpi, but quality > quantity, sensor quality, usb polling rate stability, etc.)

- Number and quality of mouse buttons (for quality I mean, how easy it is to click them, how long will they last etc.)?

- Mouse feet? (I have replaced my stock G5 feet with Everglide Mouseglidez, because they were worn out. Now if you think about what is the price of those mouse feet, I doubt that a mouse with a low price can have quality mouse feet, so you'll have more friction, and friction is bad if you play with highsens)

- Size, weight, shape and ergonomics in general?

+

- don't forget the mouse pad (no use having pro mouse feet, if your mouse pad doesn't have a very smooth surface)

In other words, if your mouse doesn't have major flaws (sensor skipping, extremely poor quality), you could get better results if you get a good mousepad and/or replace your mouse feet, rather than buying another bad mouse.

Check if your mouse sensor skips at high speed, or has accelerations. If not, you won't see many improvements imho, unless you just need those extra buttons.