Beginner #4 recruiting XPsave connection

Herr_Spek

Hello,

First excuses for probably poor English language, i'm dutch....

When playing on above mentioned server, I've non-stop a very frustrated problem. Connection Interrupted. Not once but ALL the time.

This driving me f@cking insane. I've searched on this forum, but not find a solution witch satisfied.

I don't think it's a modem issue, because the problem isn't there when playing on other servers. So?

I've also tried to change my connection in the FA in-game option screen and save the autoexec, but when I return to Windows en play ET again, my connection is again unselected.

Is there also a way to remove the FA option in-game, because I've never choose to get it over there. It shows when I connected the above mentioned server.

Regards Herr_Spek

ok here you go Why you have UNSELECTED!

By default ET rate for xDSL connexion is "25000" if you have 34000 or 45000 in default Option you will see always "unselected" cos it's not set anymore to "25000"

the only way to have it xDSL is open the console and type this \set rate 25000

Now does f|a menu option messing with your connexion? No, because it's a simple menu and it will not touch any setting if you don't go there and touch setting.

How to remove that option menu?

Go to your game folder c:\wolfenstein - enemy territory\etmain and delete any file have this symbole in his name ~~~~~~~~~~~~

also goto jaymod folder and delete all files with ~~~~~ in name. That's it :)

• Administrators

When rate is auto selected by server which means its higher then 25000 it will show unselected, thats normal. To find out the rate you have type /rate when in the server or you can type /players and find out your rate and maxpackets are, the default from maxpackets should be 30, if it is 15 then type in console /cl_maxpackets 30. To open console press the ~ key (its to the left of the number 1). Depending on the server settings your rate can be from 25000 up to 450000 to change for example to 32000 you just type /rate 32000 in the console. Your connection also depends in how far you are from the server and of course your isp. Also if you are playing from a home network make sure other users or yourself are not downloading or uploading anything. If you are on wireless well thats a whole different problem. Also it could be a server side problem with the game provider and their connection.

Hallo,

Thanks for the quick answers. I'll immediatly try it concerning the rate value of 25000

Only one question is not answered, about the connection interrupted. Are you familiar with this? When I manually ping in my CMD (command prompt in Windows) to *edited*, then I have a lost of 25 percent. Other severs displays 0 percent.

Other gameservers I don't have the connection iterrupt problems, only with this server.

I noticed that it happened especially when others respawn and during airstrikes. Sometimes I stuck at one place. cannot move and automatic disconnected from the server.

for that server ... we really can't help because we don't know nothing about it and how the server is set. you should ask the server admin in their forum :huh:

Huh????? So you mean that the "Beginner #4 Recruiting XPsave (MODERATION NO IP) isn't a fearless Assassins server???

Though visitting thr first time on that server that was the moment the FA option menu appears while starting up enemy territory the second time.

Maybe that explains the stuttering connection all the time.

Thanks in advance for quick replying all the time

No it is not f|a server.

for fa menu you gonna have it every time that you connect to fa servers. and fa official server are :

- F|A #3 EURO FRAG ZONE

- F|A NoQuarter XPSAVE

- F|A ETPUB RECRUITING XPS

- F|A HARDCORE XPS

- F|A RECRUITING XP SAVE

- F|A #2 XPSAVE FOREVER

- F|A ETPRO SCRIM SERVER

PS/ IP address removed in your post. don't add their IP address please

• Administrators

My apologies for your inconvenience on that server. Thats "my" testing server running with cheap provider and hence you lag their since its just my testing server to test my patch. I can't buy good server for testing since they "cost" 10x money.

You can play on any of =F|A= official servers and you will not lag their since they are backed up by 100mbit Ports Gig-E BackBone.

Their is serious bug in jaymod by which "each/any" W:ET jaymod 2.1.7 server can be hacked in less then 30 seconds. Many server have been hacked in past. Few links:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/2824-keep-getting-kicked/

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102009

We don't want to release at this point how server can hacked or it's done. Once we are sure our patch is stable we will release it publicly for 'every' admin of W:ET.