Best soccer player?

Soldier96

Its Cristiano Ronaldo By Far messi is nothing near Ronaldo,Messi is good but not better than Ronaldo :)

Alright, let me ask, did you see portugal's game (June 2nd, 2012) how they lost 3-1 to turkey? Ronaldo did not score. I'll admit, he can do tricks, but sometimes he is a little too selfish on the ball. To me it seems like he plays for the camera..and then when he scores, he flexes his thigh lol

Argentina 4-0 (also June 2nd, 2012) with Messi scoring one and I think all the other 3 goals would not have happened without Messi starting the play

Also, who scored more goals in this season? I even think Messi had less appearances than Ronaldo, yet still has more goals.

Isn't there a recent thread on this subject?

Its Cristiano Ronaldo By Far messi is nothing near Ronaldo,Messi is good but not better than Ronaldo :)

Exactly Ronaldo is The Best In The WORLD !

me myself and i

Lol in what team u play?

Eric Cantona, le roi.

From players who still play, my favorite is Eden Hazard, yes Messi and Ronaldo and others are better, but Hazard is still my favorite.

neymar+ganso gonna kick messi and ronaldo s back soon...write it on your notepad :)

for sure Messi and Ronaldo are top of the world atm,

But i like to choose for someone with great potential like ozil or neymar!

And for sure this season Van Persie was a complete revalation

like the grand master Xavi said "Messi is the best in the world. If you disagree you don't understand football."

Messi's got 73 goals + 27 assists for barcelona in the 2011/2012 season. those #s are astronomical. orgasmic.

but he's more than stats, he's the player all kids want to be. he makes us dream. he makes us feel young again. Messi is the man, the top gun, the guy.

watch how he links up btw midfield and attack, dropping deep to draw out centre-backs. it's just like kevin love in basketball, when the 4 catches fire from the promise land you force the bigs to come out and respect that perimeter firepower--a territory that they can only awkwardly patrol as they normally only thrive in the paint. same thing with football, messi forces defenders to advance deep into midfield to start tracking him otherwise he has too much steam by the time you'd normally start marking a forward player. cristiano can't get away with doing this because he doesn't playmake the way messi does. watch messi's passing, it is so astonishingly complete, almost like xavi: messi has mastered the short-range give-and-go tiki-taka as well as the mid-range lob and the long-range defense-splitting pass. he is just so, so complete. he continues to astonish us every game, every year. and he does this while staying incredibly humble.

if you dislike messi, chances are, you dislike football. i mean, the way he plays, it's just so beautiful to watch. i am an amateur youth coach's assistant and all the young kids want to be messi for good reason! he is so inspirational...such a great example for athletes and children right round the world.

• Like 1