Help choosing a video card? Memorial day sales!

Novice

Hey Guys, so I built my new PC a few months back original post here and the last component I needed was my Video card. I am now ready to buy a decent video card so I can play BF3 etc... With memorial day coming could you guys help me find a good deal on a good video card? My budget is around $150 (USD) my current motherboard supports Hybrid CrossFireX but I don't care much about it since I been having BSOD from the onboard card, maybe I'll just use it as backup only, single card would prob work best for me right now.

Anyways, I would really appreciate your help. I heard newegg memorial day sales are already kicking help me out :D

Well the only videocard I know within the 150 dollar range is the

AMD radeon HD 6850 : http://www.newegg.co...ICE&PageSize=20 .

I got it and it runs bf3 on high (not max settings) around 45-51 fps with a little overclock (only some problems with vram :P).

Anyway I'm sure somebody can put a nVidia card next to it so you can compare, don't like nVidia so I don't know a thing about those graphics.

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 1

Thanks, guess 150 is a little low hoping to score on a memorial day sale if not under $200 would be awesome, thanks all!

Well the only videocard I know within the 150 dollar range is the

AMD radeon HD 6850 : http://www.newegg.co...ICE&PageSize=20 .

I got it and it runs bf3 on high (not max settings) around 45-51 fps with a little overclock (only some problems with vram :P).

Anyway I'm sure somebody can put a nVidia card next to it so you can compare, don't like nVidia so I don't know a thing about those graphics.

For the price point, this is the best card you can buy. Do NOT get a 7770, 6770 or a 550 TI. The 6850 Blows all of them out of the water ^__^

http://slickdeals.net/f/4600488-SAPPHIRE-Radeon-HD-6850-1GB-256-bit-GDDR5-PCI-Express-2-1-x16-HDCP-Ready-CrossFireX-Support-Video-Card-with-Eyefinity-100315L-Free-Dirt3-game-coupon-with-purchase-119-99AR

$119 after mail in rebate for a 6850. I'm not familar with the card. I saw there was also a 560 Nvidea for $180 after rebate on slickdeals.

Hey Novice..good to see your build is up and running well.

Two things I think may help you.

1. Here is Tom's Hardwares "Best Graphics card for the Money, May 2012 review"

2. If your getting BSOD's, espeically using steam games then your apparently no alone. "Does Your AMD FX Platform BSOD with Steam? Read This."

Pay $230 at NCIX to get a GTX 570. $200-210 gets you a HD 6950.

Or just wait till Nvidia and AMD release new mid range graphics cards which should be coming soon.

EDIT: The prices i listed are after rebates

Edited by OnionKnight