MagOo

Agreed with Kent and Magoo. I know its a 'beginners' server and if someone is just beginning they want to get a feel for all of the different aspects of the game but I see more people rage over the Grenade Launcher than I do hackers lately.

• Like 1

I also hardly find GL's to be dominating. 9/10 times when I jump into a server, it's usually me and maybe 1-2 other people using them. The only maps where these things can dominate is killhouse.. and even then, that map sucks ass. it's pray and spray half the time. Otherwise, you can largely avoid them, or survive the area of effect. Half the time when you come face to face with a GL user, if they don't hit you dead on, you're going to win.

i assume then you havent seen me derpin around with overkill 2x GL on backlot (76-24) strike (64-36) and crash(cant remember score) i usually never use toobes but when i get "mad" of ppl toobing me i might pop a few and the scores posted above was pretty much only GL, nades and killstreak revards.... so yes they are too OP and i would love to see them gone :)

Edited by Ch11m33y
  • Like 1

I use the GLs when I get annoyed, but I get annoyed because of GL and camping. So if GL is gone, I guess I'll be only 50% as annoyed as before. :)

So yes, please remove GL.

Ignore what I said on July 3

• Like 1

I use the GLs when I get annoyed, but I get annoyed because of GL and camping. So if GL is gone, I guess I'll be only 50% as annoyed as before. :)

So yes, please remove GL.

Ignore what I said on July 3

Most fun in cod4 are c4,GL and sniping . GL is fun its not annoying nothing in that game really is just have open mind to have some fun :)

Most fun in cod4 are c4,GL and sniping . GL is fun its not annoying nothing in that game really is just have open mind to have some fun :)

I enjoy sniping, never used c4. But even when I play with GL I get bored. It is way too easy. One shot and there you have an air strike. That leads to a helicopter and then you're dead. But there was no skill involved.

And yes it is annoying when all people do is use GLs.

• Like 1

I dont really think it would even matter in the server population that much to ban GL's... i mean half the people on the server (beginners) complain about "F*****N NOOBTUBER" and "noobtube h***"

That and having a bit less people on that server isn't a bad thing. Send them over to the No Marty Recuit server ;).

• Like 3

i dont see any valid reason why GL should be removed from cod4 #3 (beginners). we have cod4 #1 (1.6 abnerdog) and cod4 #2 (killbox) and some more where GL is not allowed. with different kind of settings (allowed perks) we can attrac a lot of people for different servers and different settings.

some people will always complain. GL allowed or not. the can leave the server if they dont like these perks.

i dont see any valid reason why GL should be removed from cod4 #3 (beginners). we have cod4 #1 (1.6 abnerdog) and cod4 #2 (killbox) and some more where GL is not allowed. with different kind of settings (allowed perks) we can attrac a lot of people for different servers and different settings.

some people will always complain. GL allowed or not. the can leave the server if they dont like these perks.

You are correct, which works for people who have both 1.6 and 1.7. I've told a couple people on the server that we have 1.6 servers too, but it seems most people don't or can't have both 1.6 and 1.7. I think the main problem is steam.

I rather see GL on the killbox server instead of the HC one. At least when you get hit by a tube there is a chance you'll just red screen and walk it off in HC if a tube lands 50 feet from you it wipes out you and everyone else. Ha.

• Like 1

i run cod4 on steam. cod4 version switcher is working too. without any problems.

Did you make a tutorial on how that works? I didn't get cod4 through steam, so I have no experience with it. Or do you have a link?

Edited by ajnl

• 1 month later...

Personally hate tubes. Though, I use Last Stand, so I get yelled at just as much (but from what I can gather, it's banned on other F|A servers? - I play on Beginners). I would be happy to see tubes and Last Stand banned at some point...

• Like 2

I'm ok with grenade launchers, as long as you remove Countdown from the map rotation. most of the time people are spawning in 1 of 4 buildings and tubes just keep flying into those buildings. None of the other maps have this issue that I can remember.