Need ideas/information.

SinfulRaevyn

Hiii. :D

I've been debating a while now on opening a server in either ET or CoD4 for F|A

I wanted to make a server with specific rules/functions, and wondered what would be more practical...

If I made an ET server, my idea would be:

-Possibly NoQ/Silent/Jaymod

-Medics can not self heal (focus more on supporting)+

-Large maps for potential sniper wars (maybe even saberpeak! ^.^)

-various sound packs (I.E Jay2 style for fun)

-female medics skin

-Covy undetectable

If I do CoD4 server-

-multiple game modes TDM, Sabotage, Domination

- No jumping to shoot (keep it realistic)

- hardcore (no hud/crosshairs)

-No quick scoping (again, realism)

-No marty

Ideas? Input? Info?

I would like to know how much it would cost monthly, if any would be interested etc. ^_^

Aslo, if I do this, I would need help setting things up as I have no experience setting up servers. T_T

If I do CoD4 server-

-multiple game modes TDM, Sabotage, Domination, S&D, HQ. Done.

- No jumping to shoot (keep it realistic) How do you manage that? No jumping at all?

- hardcore (no hud/crosshairs) Done.

-No quick scoping (again, realism) How do you manage that?

-No marty Done.

We have a similar server what you described. You might want to populate it first.

aa HC NO MARTY MIX GAMETYPE

We have a similar server what you described. You might want to populate it first.

aa HC NO MARTY MIX GAMETYPE

Same way as the Canadian server does- warned and booted for those that don't follow rules? CDN's server is nice. They try to keep it realistic with these sort of rules. ^.^ It would take a little more active admin work, but it IS doable. <3 Also, I can't access aa HC. I play 1.7 T_T Not sure how to revert to 1.6 so I can use the version switcher.

Same way as the Canadian server does- warned and booted for those that don't follow rules? CDN's server is nice. They try to keep it realistic with these sort of rules. ^.^ It would take a little more active admin work, but it IS doable. <3 Also, I can't access aa HC. I play 1.7 T_T Not sure how to revert to 1.6 so I can use the version switcher.

That server is on 1.7 :P you could always try a manual connect /connect 188.138.76.165:28960

Isn't it better to populate our other servers first instead of creating another one to populate?

Servers where medics can't heal themselves don't live long. Most of them die because players don't like these settings.

On the other hand, if you can afford setting up servers for ET/cod, you can always donate to keep our servers alive and receive even a premium vip membership. ;)

That server is on 1.7 :P you could always try a manual connect /connect 188.138.76.165:28960

This.

We are getting to the point where we are having nice games with some regulars now would be cool if more people would show up from time to time. :)

As a bonus you get easy kills with GI and me on the server!

As a bonus you get easy kills with GI and me on the server!

I feel like one of those tin ducks in that carnival game you shoot at when I play with you guys...have to keep my rape whistle handy at all times

as for the suggestions, I like the idea of keeping things realistic, only problem I could see with it is having to keep track and enforcing rules like that...My old OLD Counter-Strike: Source Clan (c@g) had a server where the rules were like that...clan leader had us watching people making sure they weren't standing on rails, tiny objects or on things that no human being could stand on or keep their balance or could support the weight of an average grown man or even get to...it was ridiculous...your rules however would be more reasonable than his were...but still a pain to try to enforce :\ just my 2 cents