Rooting/tethering...? HELP!!!

Achiyan

uhm. I think you Quadruple Posted O.O. It shows four in the new topics area xD. In regards to the topic. I'm not really familiar with the Android OS. sorry D:

im suprised you dont have tethering if you are running stock froyo, since they brought this feature in 2.2 . since youve already rooted your device, theres plenty of apps on google play that should do the job for you, e,g, https://play.google....id.tether&hl=en . probably one of the best known ones is barnacle https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.szym.barnacle&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5zenltLmJhcm5hY2xlIl0. just take a look round and hopefully things should work out for you. good luck :)

F257, tethering is stock BUT since its Sprint, they have it locked down tight. its 30 bucks a month to tether -_- and yes i did root it but the tethering apps dont work, well, one did but its a 5 minute tester, wtf. imma just install a custom ROM. havent done so yet due to my immense laziness.

I merely rooted and installed an. Apk I found online. Googled wireless tether and google brought up a website with one I like and works.

Not sure if i am allowed to put link to it here or not or I would..

Edited by Krayzie

F257, tethering is stock BUT since its Sprint, they have it locked down tight. its 30 bucks a month to tether -_- and yes i did root it but the tethering apps dont work, well, one did but its a 5 minute tester, wtf. imma just install a custom ROM. havent done so yet due to my immense laziness.

man that major sucks. by the sounds of it custom rom is the only way to go then. that is just diabolical that is. and they call us pirates :P