Microsoft mouse

G!NG3R420

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/microsoft-explorer-mini-mouse/4505-3148_7-33314834.html

I have recently bought a Microsoft Mini Mouse. The mouse is working great but a few problems.

The only buttons that work in game are mouse1 and mouse2. With my prior mouse I used selfkill for mouse3, and I have a few more buttons with this mouse. I am guessing that it is mouse4 and mouse5.

I have used the cd that came with it to install the drivers and the software that is required, but I still cant get the buttons (mouse3-mouse5) to work ingame without them using their microsoft capabilities. I have tried to set them to disabled and other settings inside the software that is used to configure the mouse and still nothing works..,

Any ideas?

Just kicking around ideas, I would uninstall completely, download the drivers directly from Microsoft, install drivers, THEN plug in ur mouse and try to configure how u want the buttons. Only then can u ensure u have the best drivers. Hope this helps.

in console ?

what if you open game menue and try to bind mouse3 to attack (just to try it) ?

is the 3. mousebutton work if you dont play (dektop) ?

• Clan Friend

dumb question: have you tried to bind it from the menu by actually pressing the button? Like, trying to bind it to attack and see what command will appear?

for example my mouse3 in Linux is kp_equals

On windows, tilting the wheel of my g5 doesn't get binded, so I need to use setpoint to bind it to a key, and use that key in the game. That might be your case.

Can't you associate mouse buttons to keys in your mouse control panel?

in console ?

what if you open game menue and try to bind mouse3 to attack (just to try it) ?

is the 3. mousebutton work if you dont play (dektop) ?

From the control menu, i click on attack which is set to mouse1 and when I click my mouse3 it wont set it, nor will it set to any other buttons on my mouse.

Yes all the buttons work outside the game. My mouse3 is set right now to a precision booster and ingame when I click it the precision booster works but I cant set it to a game key.

Can't you associate mouse buttons to keys in your mouse control panel?

Can you elaborate on that?

• Clan Friend

Can you elaborate on that?

My mouse has a control panel where I can associate mouse buttons to other keys, for example to selfkill I tilt my scroll wheel to the right, and that's unbindable in windows, or if it is I didn't manage to do it :P

So using my mouse control panel I map that mouse button to the keyboard, for example to 'enter'. And ingame I bind selfkill to 'enter'.

If your mouse drivers don't have that feature, I'm sure there is some 3rd party software that's able to do it.

I am able to select a certain feature for each button available, but there are so many options that I don't know what will work.

post-2274-0-45433500-1333781804_thumb.jpg

post-2274-0-33695800-1333781817_thumb.jpg

post-2274-0-85364100-1333781953_thumb.jpg

First picture shows half of the menu I can select for default windows options, second picture shows the rest of the options for all drop down menus. Third pictures shows the config options I have to change.

• Clan Friend

probably keystroke, and then you will have to select a key...

I see also some ready-made options like shift, ctrl, enter, middle-click

middle-click is probably mouse3, but you need to experiment