new laptop

GraveDigger

Asus G51JX-A1 15.6" Gaming notebook featuring an Intel Core i7-720QM Processor with Nvidia GTS360 1GB DDR5 Graphics.

I was thinking about getting this laptop for $600.00

http://www.frys.com/product/6197189?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Any feedback would be appreciated.

that laptop will run those games without a problem. Unless you want to play MW3, that will probably have to go on lower graphic settings. nice laptop tho!

Why not get an AMD laptop? they are cheaper than intel and run games rlly well

The first one that i mentioned in my first post was not available so. I bought this one instead :

http://m.tigerdirect.com/aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aWdlcmRpcmVjdC5jb20vYXBwbGljYXRpb25zL1NlYXJjaFRvb2xzL2l0ZW0tZGV0YWlscy5hc3A/RWRwTm89MjAwODAzMCZDYXRJZD00OTM4

I hope its a good machine. It should arrive in 4 days and then I will be able to play Et again. Gonna buy COD also. I should be able to get to know my cod players/clanmates much better now. Their k/d ratios will get much better very soon. Looool!

Well anything will play ET lol.

Which CoD games are you playing? CoD4 and CoDMW2 would probably run pretty well. MW3 might b a bit heavy, but on lower graphics it'll b fine.

^^ My old laptop didn't. It requires a 32MB graphic card, but due to a feature which wasn't implemented I couldn't set to a different value than 8MB :P That while it had a dualcore and 2GB mem :P

@Gravedigger: Which laptop (type) did you bought? Because tigerdirect won't allow me to see it :cry

^^ My old laptop didn't. It requires a 32MB graphic card, but due to a feature which wasn't implemented I couldn't set to a different value than 8MB :P That while it had a dualcore and 2GB mem :P

@Gravedigger: Which laptop (type) did you bought? Because tigerdirect won't allow me to see it :cry

your laptop with dual core processor and 2GB ram, only had a 8MB video card?

Acer Aspire AS7750G-6645 NX.RVHAA.002 Notebook PC

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M 2.5GHz processor; blazing fast performance 4GB of DDR3 memory; impressive multitasking capabilities 500GB 5400RPM hard drive; provides storage for your files 17.3” HD+ Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display; large and clear display brings your media to life AMD Radeon HD 7670M; powerful graphics computing for the latest games Dolby Advanced Audio v2 audio enhancement; high quality audio for your multimedia content

I've never been very fond about Acers due to their construction, but considering your budget it's pretty much the only choice. And with those specs, it should run ET indeed quite well, and CoD4 will definitely not be a problem either.

Have fun with your laptop :)

• 3 weeks later...

A laptop for 600$ with an I7? Well, that's cheap as hell... Even if it's an I7 from the older generation...

I don't know in which country you live in, but here (Belgium), such a laptop would cost at least 750EUR, which is like 900$.

The graphics card is a bit of a bottleneck indeed, but more than good enough for 3-4 years old games.

Edited by rockyz

A laptop for 600$ with an I7? Well, that's cheap as hell... Even if it's an I7 from the older generation...

I don't know in which country you live in, but here (Belgium), such a laptop would cost at least 750EUR, which is like 900$.

The graphics card is a bit of a bottleneck indeed, but more than good enough for 3-4 years old games.

thats why you buy shit from the USA, lol. Its too expensive here in Europe.