Android viruses etc?

Chuckun

I have a few more questions for you androiders -

What's the purpose of modding your phone with Cyanogen etc? Is it worth it? How easy is it to do? Thinking about it because I read somewhere it improves wifi stability..

Is there an xfire app for Android? I found xFire Sync which doesn't do anything apart from sync useless names into your contacts apparently, and XFMobile Lite, which has no credibility.. So I wonder if any of you know anything more?

well... i have GingerDX who work with Cyanogen.... about the wifi is true... and you really need to look a good rom.. because some roms use alot of memory (ram) and your battery will low to damn fast! lol there are another who save ur battery alot... ^^ i use this GingerDX and use a lot of RAM but is so good that i dont want to change it lol!. Some time the ROM from the company is sh**. i changed it because my rom suck to much! lol.....

so get a good rom with Cyanogen if u want.But u need to upgrade ur Android SO to 2.3 because that will work better... uhm another thing they say that u need to change the kernel... i didn't yet.

Xfire dunno i will D/l the app and tell u ^^

PS: what phone do u have or want to buy?

----------------------------

EDIT: well if u want to chat u need this one.. XFMobile Lite

the other is to Sync ur contacts

Edited by turkoxp

well... i have GingerDX who work with Cyanogen.... about the wifi is true... and you really need to look a good rom.. because some roms use alot of memory (ram) and your battery will low to damn fast! lol there are another who save ur battery alot... ^^ i use this GingerDX and use a lot of RAM but is so good that i dont want to change it lol!. Some time the ROM from the company is sh**. i changed it because my rom suck to much! lol.....

so get a good rom with Cyanogen if u want.But u need to upgrade ur Android SO to 2.3 because that will work better... uhm another thing they say that u need to change the kernel... i didn't yet.

Xfire dunno i will D/l the app and tell u ^^

PS: what phone do u have or want to buy?

----------------------------

EDIT: well if u want to chat u need this one.. XFMobile Lite

the other is to Sync ur contacts

I have the Samsung Galaxy Europa (GT-i5500) which wont go higher than 2.2 at this time.. It actually originated on 2.1 but a 2.2 update was released.. But 2.3 is currently not possible.. There are some who have ported it but it's not 100% and can brick your phone so I'm not going there until it's 100% fool-proof.

Gonna look into Cyanogen ASAP :)

I have the Sony Ericsson X8 - Andoid 2.3.7 work good for now lol... try one of Cyanogen who dont use almost all ur battery lol... btw nice mobile ^^.

try the Xfire... is nice one =)

Lol this is bullshit man, XFMobile wont install on my phone.. It's apparently incompatible -.- What a joke!

lmao are u kidding me? lmao... maybe becouse is for 2.3? idk.. do u gave enabled the installation of unknown applications?

Settings ---> Applications ----> check "Unknown Origin"

It really depends on what you want to do with your phone. To be quite honest, rooting your android isnt really gonna do much. Jailbreaking an Iphone on the other hand is worth it. The only reason I rooted my Flipside phone was because I wanted to upgrade to a better version. Was at 2.1, wanted 2.2. This in turn just screwed my phone up. Given the root worked, but it took so much memory and wasted alot of battery. I had to charge it like twice a day.

lmao are u kidding me? lmao... maybe becouse is for 2.3? idk.. do u gaveenabledthe installation ofunknownapplications?

Settings---> Applications---->check "UnknownOrigin"

Nah I already have that checked :P

Managed to find xfdroid which installed but logs me out 2-5 seconds after logging in - every time. So meh, I give up! :P

If you do go down Cyanogen route, remember to remove all that off it, and remove the root access if you need to send it off for warranty. Modifying the OS voids warranty, so if you can just put a stock install of your carrier's ROM back on there before sending it off...

Sucks you're still on 2.2, it is really borked how you get updates from your carrier, not from Google. It is like getting a Windows Update from Dell after Dell have put some bloat on the update they got from Microsoft. Doesn't seem right does it?

yes i was reading the comment and alot of people say that... uhmm the proble is if u pres the button BACK ur will log out if u press go home (or desk) u will still log in

@Gewh - yeah it really isn't right.. As soon as i can port it for definite i will definitely jump to 2.3 :)

@Turkoxp - nah this happens without touching a thing.. Just logs me out and shows me the login screen.. Bleh. XD