Help, can't play ET, .net error?

unlawfulsniper

Hey dudes, my ET won't connect to the internet, I think there is some tech issue but I'm not very smart, was wondering if some smart people could help me.

WindowsXP sp2

My bittorrents download fine,

online poker rooms work fine,

but my web browsers won't connect,

and my msn won't connect because it says there is a .net error (see attachment)

Thanks, I've done all the standard troubleshootings that a non-techie can, like shutdown and restart computer, powerdown modem and wi-fi, and 'repair' in 'network connections'. Also, ahem, my windows may not be, ahem, store bought.

post-454-12536587572985_thumb.jpg

Hey dudes, my ET won't connect to the internet, I think there is some tech issue but I'm not very smart, was wondering if some smart people could help me.

WindowsXP sp2

My bittorrents download fine,

online poker rooms work fine,

but my web browsers won't connect,

and my msn won't connect because it says there is a .net error (see attachment)

Thanks, I've done all the standard troubleshootings that a non-techie can, like shutdown and restart computer, powerdown modem and wi-fi, and 'repair' in 'network connections'. Also, ahem, my windows may not be, ahem, store bought.

Try opening your browser and going to Tools>Options> and then depending on what browser you use, clean out all history, passwords and the like. If it's IE leave the last 2 options alone. I haven't looked at how its done with Firefox but I assume its similar.

I had a problem recently with my browsers connecting, not being the tech guy either, my son talked to support person from my isp and they gave him new DNS server addresses. If you go to your connections and right click on the connection you use and go to properties, then in box where says this connection uses the following items double click internet protocol(TCP/IP) you will open box that shows DNS server addresses. If you haven't figured it out you might call your internet provider and maybe you will need them to give you new addresses? :hmm

• Administrators

When you start ET check the console. Use condump to dump all the console message and post the console log.

Can you ping our server from command link? Try to ping server first and let me know.

I started ET, the server page lists no servers, I opened console, typed /condump desktop ....i'm not sure where the console dumps to, a folder somewhere?

What is a server i.p. i can ping? and how?

I gotta condump in my toilet now, thanks for the help

When you start ET check the console. Use condump to dump all the console message and post the console log.

Can you ping our server from command link? Try to ping server first and let me know.

I started ET, the server page lists no servers, I opened console, typed /condump desktop ....i'm not sure where the console dumps to, a folder somewhere?

What is a server i.p. i can ping? and how?

hmmm... do something like

/condump error.txt or something .txt and you should find it in the et main folder i think

i think by pinging i think he means open cmd , tracert 209.247.83.71 or from what i gather from past posts lol (i think thats the old etpub server :hmm )

Thanks. Did the condump error.txt , but I can't attach a .txt file here and there is too much writing to copy and paste, any ideas?

hmmm... do something like

/condump error.txt or something .txt and you should find it in the et main folder i think

i think by pinging i think he means open cmd , tracert 209.247.83.71 or from what i gather from past posts lol (i think thats the old etpub server :hmm )

• Administrators

Thanks. Did the condump error.txt , but I can't attach a .txt file here and there is too much writing to copy and paste, any ideas?

File should be in etmain or jaymod folder. Email me that file.

check your windows firewall in your control panel, or any other firewalls. if you have norton or mcafee, trust the ET application, same for all antivirus'.

next would be check your router. sounds like you arent allowing information to be passed to/from ET.