Ask a pony, get an answer

sparklepony

I have a new question. Is there any way to re-wright the config to remove the HUD ingame? Like removing weapons and all text. NOTE! Im looking for this config ONLY to make cinematics to montages.

Yes, I think there is. I think for most HUDs the location on the screen can be described as "size horizontal, size vertical" and "distance from left, distance from top". By getting them out of range of your screen (or size=0,0), they are not visible. Not sure if it is possible, but I currently cannot check for you.

And ofcourse, there might be a check whether it should be displayed at all. Again, I'm not sure where exactly.

I have a new question. Is there any way to re-wright the config to remove the HUD ingame? Like removing weapons and all text. NOTE! Im looking for this config ONLY to make cinematics to montages.

/cg_draw2d 0 should work

The way to do this is actually built into the CoD4 player program, though doing this also removes the crossheirs on your scope, the way to do it is 9 on your keypad while the demo is running. My best suggestion is to download the heroik movie config and use that for play back as it removes most elements that you would want gone for a frag clip.

I can see if I have a copy of the config kicking around on my machine, I know I used to have it

Edited by sparklepony

The way to do this is actually built into the CoD4 player program, though doing this also removes the crossheirs on your scope, the way to do it is 9 on your keypad while the demo is running. My best suggestion is to download the heroik movie config and use that for play back as it removes most elements that you would want gone for a frag clip.

I can see if I have a copy of the config kicking around on my machine, I know I used to have it

Sweet! Is there anything you don't know about this game? :P

Sweet! Is there anything you don't know about this game? :P

oh I'm sure there are some things, but I used to read through the mod tools to figure out how the actual mechanics of the game work, which is how I learned much of what I know, here's a hint I learned from there, you will do more damage with the m40 sniper rifle with an acog on it, it adds five extra damage to it, but if you put a red dot on the ak74u, it causes more spread when firing from the hip, so it is better not to have an attachment on it.

I should prolly just turn this thread into a sparklepony's daily CoD4 tip thread lol

Edited by sparklepony