Prevent guidless players to connect

The Dude

About 30min ago there was another cheater on the server (jay3). Impossible to ban him, since he had no guid.

I suggest you think about using the enhmod option: invalid guid - spoof protection. Enabling this, makes it impossible for guidless players to connect.

There is one reason I can imagine why you dont want this --> new guidless players dont understand why suddenly they cant connect this server,

so they join other servers where they can play guidless.

But also for that there's maybe a solution. You can activate potential reasons why you get kicked by the system upon connecting. You can explain

the players via default kickmessage: if this happens upon connecting, enable pb / get an etkey: more info on our forum @ .....

Greetings,

The Dude

PS: Let's hope enhmod makes possible what they write about --> Enhanced Mod V1.09 Secure in progress, basically forces a hardware based unique guid and replaces the etkey guid. (actually restricted handout for test purpose). --> This could be a big step forward.

What so we ban all innocent players who know nothing about guids and etkeys because of evenbalance and cheaters? No way. Our servers are open to all decent people. Lower admins can !kick them and highers can abuse them until they get bored of cheating on our servers.

Ultimately, we can ban them just not using !ban command. so !kick is enough if we report it back here. (Which we do).

• Like 2

PS: Let's hope enhmod makes possible what they write about --> Enhanced Mod V1.09 Secure in progress, basically forces a hardware based unique guid and replaces the etkey guid. (actually restricted handout for test purpose). --> This could be a big step forward.

That will prevent all non-Linux and non-Windows users from joining a team.

Ok you think its unfair for lots of players, but think about this: a time ago when punkbuster was enabled --> guidless players couldnt connect either right?

I see you dislike the suggestion, got no problem with it, but agree on me it's a problem you cant ban this players. !freeze in combination with !mute permanent could be a nice abusing-move. The cheater is online, but cant do a thing :-).

Cheers,

The Dude

Ok you think its unfair for lots of players, but think about this: a time ago when punkbuster was enabled --> guidless players couldnt connect either right?

Difference is that PB in the majority of the times auto-generated etkey, but now players are required to download it manually and pase it to etmain folder.

And also we have our tools to keep troublemakers away.

Time ago players without GUID could easily get a new GUID.

I see you dislike the suggestion, got no problem with it, but agree on me it's a problem you cant ban this players. !freeze in combination with !mute permanent could be a nice abusing-move. The cheater is online, but cant do a thing :-).

Cheers,

The Dude

And there are ways to ban them,and to be honest.. is better to ban 5 or 10 players without GUID,that lose all this new players.