Best Sporting Memories Topic

Panini*Hobbit@mp3

Tried looking for a topic like this but couldn't find it. Post here your favourite sporting memories. It can be anything from football to cycling to hockey.

I'll start so with my hometown club Cork City who won the League of Ireland in 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bcKz2FpMYg

(those who know Kevin Doyle and Shane Long will know they both started at Cork City)

Most recently they won the second division and will be back in the league of ireland next season. Last year the club had to close (if you want to read more ClickMe) Now it is back in business. :D

I've more videos to post but I want to see what you guys post as well :)

Vuelta 1999.

There's a little story that goes with this video. Vandenbroucke had spent the whole night before this stage in the Vuelta, driving to his new girlfriend (Sarah) and back to see her, barely getting any sleep. When they met a week earlier he said: "Hi, I'm Frank Vandenbroucke, the great cyclist;" and she said "Frank Who?" The night before this race he said to her:" I'll show you who I am, I'm gonna win this stage and give you the flowers." And so he did! He was engaged at the time with someone else, but broke up with her to marry Sarah and together they had a daughter. In 2004 they had a divorce which led to Franks failed suicide attempt, first of many. Ever since the divorce Frank's career went downhill and he got arrested for cocaine and medicin abuse. In 2009 he died of Pulmonary embolism.

He breaks lose at 00:30, leaving behind the group with UIlrich and storming past Spanjard Zarrabetia. The finish is at 03:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFO162E0wVc&feature=related

• Like 1

If I could like your comment again icky, I would like it a million times! We have a VDB fanbase in our clan, he was and is still one of our heros :) We made a section on our forum especially for him click

I love watching that clip as well as LBL from 99 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zenlv88feHg

He will always be missed :(

Edited by Panini*Hobbit@mp3

Dale Earnhardt Sr. Winning the Daytona 500 in 1998 and his last win at Taladega in 2000 are tied. Both races give me chills when I watch them. Find myself cheering sometimes like I don't know how the race ends.

Miss watching him race. God in my book. Not just for racing either. 1992 at Atlanta. He was walking through the garage area with the normal crowd of 100 people pestering him. He spots my nephew in his wheelchair (painted just like his black #3). Rushes over to him, tells the crowd to leave him alone for a while (and they did) and Sr. spent 15 minutes out of his busy schedule one on one with my nephew without having an appointment to see him. That was the highlight of my nephew's short life and for Sr. to do that meant alot to our whole family. My nephew's tombstone is engraved with his car image and I wore a Sr. hat as a pallbearer with my suit & tie. Great racer and a great man.

I am sorry for all the Bayern Munich fans, but this memory always brings a smile to my face ;):

Everyone is yelling how much luck Bayern has, but I guess its justice after this evening.

If I could like your comment again icky, I would like it a million times! We have a VDB fanbase in our clan, he was and is still one of our heros :) We made a section on our forum especially for him click

OMG screw FA, i'm joining Panini :D

• Like 1

World Cup Soccer 2010 Quarter Finals: The Netherlands - Brazil: 2-1

This was one of the greatest and most exciting matches I've ever seen!!! After watching the video I still get gooseskin.

Liverpool vs AC Milan from 2005 UEFA Champions League Final

Being a Liverpool I thought it was over for us 3-0 down at half time. Watching the highlights of the game still give me chills.. I'm glad this club won such a big cup like this in the last few years. I only hope that one day they win the Premiership... I can dream, right?

Another match Liverpool vs West Ham the year afterwards FA Cup Final.

I still remember this game at home. When Gerrard scored in the 90th minute with a screamer.. I reacted the same way as Martin Tyler.. "4 added minutes and GERRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRD OOHHH OOOOOOOOOH.. STUNNING... "

Best thing to happen for Australia in a long time. Last time we Qualified was 1974 (and the first time we ever qualified) Soccer/Football was never big here until this moment. We were doing so well in the 2006 world cup, until the Italians cheated lol

Liverpool vs AC Milan from 2005 UEFA Champions League Final

I fell in love with liverpool that year and still have the Stevie G poster on my wall from that season. I also demanded to play with number 8 at my local football club for the next ten years :D. The scousers will win the league again one day and I'm gonna get more drunk then I've ever been!

This is from Anderlecht in 2001, where they kicked ass in the champions league.

In the qualifying stages they beat FC Porto 1 - 0

In the group stage they lost to Man United 5 - 1 and beat them at home 2 - 1

won to PSV Eindhoven twice: 1 -0 and 2-3

won to Dynamo Kiev twice: 4 - 0 and 4 - 2

Then there was a second group stage apparantly (can't remember) with Lazio Roma, Real Madrid and Leeds United.

They lost all matches but two : 1 - 0 to Lazio and 2-0 Real Madrid !!!

What great times :P This is the Man U match, with in a star role : Canadian striker Radzinski and Tsjech striker Jan Koller! A great pair, nicknamed De Grote en De Kleine (The Giant and the Midget)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsyGNNMM1k

and the 1-0 vs Lazio, great run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUOPgkbqSfw

• Like 1

World Cup Soccer 2010 Quarter Finals: The Netherlands - Brazil: 2-1

This was one of the greatest and most exciting matches I've ever seen!!! After watching the video I still get gooseskin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkRkBnAiFII

Yes that was an awesome match :]

I never watch soccer, unless it's the World Cup... Think I watched almost all matches even if Holland didn't play lol.. was fun.. can't wait till next World Cup