Alienware M11x R3

MokhMan

I'm looking forward to buying an M11x but first, I just want to know from the people that have it if there is any problems with it... If you think I shouldn't buy it, then maybe tell another good one instead... Thanks

Haven't used a M11X but I had shit loads of conflicts with drivers and hardware on the M17X R1.. And I heard similar things on the M11X R1.. But I believe R2s and the R3 are improved and very pleasant.

EDIT: Think Alexandra has got an M11X :)

Haven't used a M11X but I had shit loads of conflicts with drivers and hardware on the M17X R1.. And I heard similar things on the M11X R1.. But I believe R2s and the R3 are improved and very pleasant.

That's pretty much my expectations, I just ask about everything I buy first to make sure it's good and not a money waste... Thanks!

That's pretty much my expectations, I just ask about everything I buy first to make sure it's good and not a money waste... Thanks!

Very sensible :) They're not exactly cheap so I'd want to ask questions too.. I'm hoping Alexandra will reply here with her Alienware experiences ;)

I have the M11x one for almost a year now, never had any problems, no lag unless my internet is being shitty.. nothing wrong with it at all :]

Just don't do weird stuff with ur laptop and you don't have any problems I guess lol

It's most sexy laptop ever :D

Laptop can get really hot if you play Battlefield 3 or something though, but I take a break after like an hour then to let it cool down, but I guess that's with all laptops :P

It doesn't get too hot if I play Wolfenstein 15 hours in a row or whatever game I'm playing lol, only games with high graphics and stuff I guess

But yeah you should get it, I still love mine :wub:

Also, all keys and whatever still work fine after lots of hours of gaming! =D

Screen is annoying if the sun shines on it, so don't sit somewhere where the sun can shine on your screen, but I guess that's with all screens lol

• Like 1

Ah yes that's a good point - the M17X has no overheating problems because it has a 17tonne truck fan on it (LOL, j/k - but it's pretty hefty).. But the M11X is smaller so I guess the fan isn't quite adequate for the performance of the machine.. But get a good laptop stand with coolers (something like a Coolermaster Notepal U2 - I would say that's perfect size for the M11X) to add to the cooling side of it if you plan on running high spec modern games :)

Chuck

Ah yes that's a good point - the M17X has no overheating problems because it has a 17tonne truck fan on it (LOL, j/k - but it's pretty hefty).. But the M11X is smaller so I guess the fan isn't quite adequate for the performance of the machine.. But get a good laptop stand with coolers (something like a Coolermaster Notepal U2 - I would say that's perfect size for the M11X) to add to the cooling side of it if you plan on running high spec modern games :)

Chuck

It is all pretty much how lucky you are. I know a guy who has a M14X and has overheating problems only whenever he plays Dead Island, Rage, BC2 and BF3 (computer shuts down after 16 mins of play. And he got it "repaired" under warranty but it still does the same thing). Smells like popcorn

Another guy has a M17X and it runs everything to utter perfection (probably like Chuck said "got a mega huge fan on it")

• Like 1