SHooting spree leaves 8 Dead

Penisland

The story here. http://www.ocregister.com/news/shot-321689-police-orange.html

Yet another man with mental health problems decides to take the lives of innocent people because he is incapable of living his own life.

What a coward eh?

This is kind of weird because in the last 2 nights and this morning, I have been having weird dreams about someone shooting with people in guns in various locations, one was in a restuarent, one was on the street etc...so it kind of hit me hard

anyways

R.I.P to all those that died

People complain about the law here in Australia that makes it illegal to own/carry any firearm without a license. I'm glad about it. Sure we get the odd drive-bys and killings from idiots that get their hands on one. But Its still quite rare.

I used to blame these kind of things on weapon laws, but I'm not really sure if that's fair anymore. Here in the Netherlands we had a similar situation this year and here you need a license for a weapon. Plus, look at what happened in Norway, with Breivik. Fact is that in a world as populated as ours, where so many people have hate for eachother, have mental health problems and perhaps, abuse drugs, things like these will continue to happen. It's a sad thought, that you can't fight things like these, because honestly, you can never know who, when and why something like this will happen... All we can do, is wait and hope that people will remain sane, for as long as possible : (

R.I.P. innocent victims, of a useless crime. I hope that this man will spend the rest of his life in isolation. I do not believe that he deserves much more than that.

I dislike the fact that someone with mental issues even tends to find a gun, I have nothing against anyone who is deprived from a normal life but in all seriousness this is something that could have been prevented but wasn't. It's a pitiful shame

R.I.P everyone that died

Can you tell if a person has a problem just by looking? So How do you decide that this person gets a gun and this one doesnt?

Did that person get a unhappy divorce recently? Was he normal before that and the divorce and all that goes with it didnt drive that person over the edge? Or did he lose his job at the same time and that is what drove him over the edge?

My point is that a perfectly normal person can flip out and lose it. It doesnt take alot! If we make guns totally Illegal then the only people with a gun is the criminal types and who can know who they will kill just to get what they want.

A great big knife kills people too. do we take all weapons away? what about the honest "normal" people who get their house broken into? Do they have a right to protect themselves?

You can kill 8 people with car at one time as well so we better take that away too..... Where does it stop?

Disclamer I didnt read the article and I do feel for the victims

I think one of the best ways to prevent "mentally unstable" people from purchasing guns is that they have to go through a screening process...

1) they look at the medical history of the person and see if they have any mental issues

2) they go through a simple process which they have to go to a counsello/phsyciatric to answer some questions

3)background check

simple as that!

A great big knife kills people too. do we take all weapons away? what about the honest "normal" people who get their house broken into? Do they have a right to protect themselves?

You know whats shit here! If someone breaks into your house and in self defence you either stab the person or beat them (seriously injure them) Then YOU are the one that can go to jail and be charged with murder/assault etc. Not long ago a drug addicted criminal broke into a 60 year old mans house and the old man stabbed him the the stomach with a knife. The criminal fled, but later died in the park. The old man was arrested and may be facing manslaughter charges.