Homemade Subwoofer Case

Fogarty

currently im working on my new subwoofer case, build it all myself, i'd thought it was the right time to get it look nice, i'll get some pictures on here soon, atm im busy stitching the clothing lol btw the first picture was on my party, but thats the only pic cwhere you can see how my woofer was before

Foto0341.jpgMy whole soundset, except for 6 other speakers, arent ported yet^^

PS this picture show how it looked before

after i've added the clothingFoto0342.jpg

Foto0346.jpgstitching

Foto0347.jpgROCKFORD FOSGATE!!!!! :D

Foto0348.jpgTop view

Foto0349.jpgThe new air exhaust ive made on my work^^

Foto0350.jpg and then the view from the front, looks pretty cool, specially since i've stuffed the sides to create some relief

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah damnit, just blown up my amplifier.... only 2 left for my sub, sounds like shit now.... high pitches are way to loud without this amplifier...... gonna cost me money for a new one -.- RIP amp!

Nice work :)

Im wondering, how many amplifiers do you have for all these speakers?

And what impedance are you running the amps at?

i was used to run my speakers with a small kenwood ministereo ( 90watts output) wired to a 120 watt target some kind of real old computer speaker thing, and a brandless amplifier, with 360 watts output, and another sony home stereo sound set ( real old but its a godness) its 500 watt output, and my newest a philips home cimema set,m 300 watts output, so 1170 watts total power, otherwise, im underpowered, all the speakers together are 2300 watts, and the sub itself can handle up to 2500 watts... however i've blown up my amp with 360 watts, so now ima get a car amplifier of 2000 watts, and wire it to my speakers.. unfortunaly since ive blown/burnd my amplifier, my bass sounds/kicks like crap, still alot of bass, but not what im used to... throatshaking and things

most speakers are on 4 ohms, sub works at 8, however 4 is recommed, it sounds way better when it runs on 8 probably cuz the woofer is designed for cars, so my bedroom is alot bigger, and its moves more air by 8 ohms :)

oh and i also set the equalizers myself, tbh im pretty good at it, alot of bass, and also enough mid and high tones so you can actually hear the music real clear, even though alot of bass is in presence

and the 2 missing speakers, (3way speaker) are not shown on the first picture, but you can see one of them on the third picture:p

• 3 months later...

most speakers are on 4 ohms, sub works at 8, however 4 is recommed, it sounds way better when it runs on 8 probably cuz the woofer is designed for cars, so my bedroom is alot bigger, and its moves more air by 8 ohms :)

I think you'd better get the subwoofer on 4 ohm, less ohm = less resistance = more power = more air :D

The rest looks awesome btw :D

Greetz DawG

Edited by Murdawg