Map rushing

Ackmey

I dunno if anyone else feels the same, but I think map rushing is more of a problem than it could be on the F|A server (specifically jaymod)

I know some maps, well, they kinda suck, but I'd rather play a crappy map through to halfway than load it, play for 5 minutes, and have it end.

I guess there's not really much we can do, but maybe adding a server message would help? I.E telling people not to end maps before, say, 10 mins. (The messages that appear at the top of the screen during game.)

It's not much but maybe it would help. :)

Thanx fo' reading ma rambling. :D

lol i would say sk IS a form of defense - it means attackers get supressed in their own area and gives defenders time to spawn and get ready whilst attackers re-spawn. Better than sitting back and trying to defend against a flood of attackers all at once. I always think the best form of densfse is to to attack - takes your oppenment by suprise (they wern't expecting to have to defend) whilst also giving you better chance to actually defend than sitting back and trying to guess where and when dyour oppenment is coming (since you're attacking too the attacker will have to procedd more carefully and slowly). Its why its a good idea to move out in maps like Oasis and Marrakesh.

Rofl, sking by a defending team (axis generally) on the attacking team is actually a big advantage for experienced objective minded players like myself. There is nothing I like more than to have the defending team caught up in a frenzied spawn killing on the attacking team. This actually makes it easier for me to slip past the spawn killers, get behind the enemy lines and surprise the hell out of the spawn killers by capturing, blowing up or completing the objective as this will take them completely off guard and gives me ample time to move a vehicle, plant dyno, steal document/gold . . . etc. Generally most maps offer more than one spawning point once a team has completed a specific check point in the map. Goldrush, fix and steal the tank. Most people generally forget about the Allies original spawn point and neglect to take advantage of that when Axis are spawn killing the Allies in what was once their spawn point at the beginning of the map. This makes it very easy to simply spawn at the first Allied spawn, trot down to the health and ammo and then make my way to the tank and take a ride until I have to blow up some wretched barrier that an over eager Axis engi thought to build in the middle of the road. The whole time all the spawn killing Axis have no clue that I have just moved the tank the majority of the map and that it is sitting near the bank now, by the time they do figure it out they generally all come rushing to the tank to stop me and allow my teammates to escape out of their spawn.

I can go on about strategies for getting out of spawn or write about strats for diff maps while getting spawn killed, but I think I will just leave this one example and let players try and figure the rest out themselves. But for those who have a hard time with it this is my biggest tip for escaping spawn killing and it's fairly simple if you have the option. CHANGE SPAWN POINTS!!

And yes, I agree some what with spawn killing can be good defense, but I still have not yet seen a Pro team spawn kill another Pro team in any league (TWL, ClanBase, STA, ETL or XPL) and win. Although I have seen a Pro team spawn kill other teams in league, but 2 things:

1 - the other team was definitely NOT another Pro team

2 - the Pro team ALWAYS kept at least one person back either guarding obj or any routes leading to obj

Good teams and good players generally won't stay trapped in their spawn and get spawn killed, and if they only have that one spawn they will find a way to break out or someone will break out to win the map while the spawn killers get caught with their pants down wacking their wankers over how many kills they have.

i agree with a bit of the last two posts --

YES spawnkilling is a good defensive strategy but also

YES spawnkilling can be a big mistake if you let a single engineer slip by.

the thing is, you can't have the whole team engaged in SK ( except the axis at battery lol ) because most maps takes just one engineer to win the game, and if no one can get back from the other teams spawn quick enough to defuse, well, yeah you have nice looking kill/death ratio, but you lost.

whoever is most concerned about map rushing should just hang back at the objective and make sure the map doesn't end too soon for their liking themselves. if it is spawnkillers complaining about map rushing, well you had it coming lol.

It's not necesarilly a big mistake if an ngi gets by the spawnkilling, cause once the call is heard that he planted/built something the sk'ers will rush back, in fuel dump i could see the problem but say gold rush its not too big of a deal

some maps are great for sk - if you got a flametrooper or two on axis marrakesh sk'ing allies second spawn is pretty easy tbh. Couple of mgs can slow down axis coming from second spawn a fair few times - particualry if axis have a few bots. If you know where to go and have a bit of luck you can also flame axis spawn in frostbite.

some maps are great for sk . . . . If you know where to go and have a bit of luck you can also flame axis spawn in frostbite.

*Sigh* you must not be too familiar with Frostbite or neglected to read my last post in detail that stated the best option (if available) CHANGE SPAWN POINTS! On Frostbite the Axis have 2 Spawning points, of course everyone knows the first spawn as that is default, the second Spawn is downstairs in the garage leading outside to the back door. I usually spawn there instead of the first spawn just for the reason that the first spawn can be a death trap for the Axis as F257 and ||||||||||||||||| both mentioned two different tactics for SK there.

some maps are great for sk . . . . If you know where to go and have a bit of luck you can also flame axis spawn in frostbite.

*Sigh* you must not be too familiar with Frostbite or neglected to read my last post in detail that stated the best option (if available) CHANGE SPAWN POINTS! On Frostbite the Axis have 2 Spawning points, of course everyone knows the first spawn as that is default, the second Spawn is downstairs in the garage leading outside to the back door. I usually spawn there instead of the first spawn just for the reason that the first spawn can be a death trap for the Axis as F257 and ||||||||||||||||| both mentioned two different tactics for SK there.

lol i usally go the back door as few people actally spawn there. I have to be honest and say it took me a while to realise there were two spawn points for axis :P But yeah back way and up the stairs - avoids being caught in crush in the middle . I usually switch spawns anyway. E.g Frostbite- switch to first after cp in case i wanna sk or prevent axis setting up a defense near their cp via landmines/arty. golrush - once the bank doors have been blasted switch to first. Always spawn at first in aldernest - axis rarley look that way (though they may now :D ). Supply - i don't get why people don't switch to cp. Fuel - i sometimes spawn in axis fule dmp instead of first spawn. but since you can't dj here no real point (rarley do you see the cov ops and engi combo, but it happens. though its rare enough for me not to bother). Marrakesh - if axis is usig tank after main door is blown i may spawn to first to suprise axis tank gunner from behind. And several other maps. But yeah switching spawns and getting to know map and playing patterns of oppsing team is worthwhile

Fuel - i sometimes spawn in axis fule dmp instead of first spawn. but since you can't dj here no real point (rarley do you see the cov ops and engi combo, but it happens. though its rare enough for me not to bother).

if there are alot of players on and i am stuck on axis i spawn in the back sometimes.. gives you time to lay a few mines around the tj paths; and if i see someone has snuck through the tunnel i spawn back there to make sure there is no sneaking in going on.. or if i have cleared xp i might start in the back and build defenses jsut to get some engi skill.

doublejump? it's not easy to do, but it's very much possible to tj into the fuel dump, from more than one place. i don't consider doublejump to be trickjumping as it takes virtually no skill whatsoever... but i know more than a few players who can do the fueldump tj 9 times out of 10 unassisted, so yeah it's something you should watch for. same with oasis jumping the wall -- you need to keep an eye on that.

personally i am more like 1 time out of 10 i can make it over the wall in fuel dump =(

but at least i know how to do it and where to plant the mines to stop it =D

lol forgot this thread existed for a mo :P but yeah, tj'ing on fuel jump is doable - just need to time right that is all (and no adren needed :lol: ) Dj'ing over wall in oasis is also possibilty, as well as several other maps (which i do not remember as well..) lol, but since majority of aps on server have no dj, ...erm al pretty redundant :P