1. 1. who win Premiership??

• Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool FC
    • Chelsea Londyn
    • Arsenal Londyn
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • another team

That Savic from Manchester City has cost City like 9 points this season. Six when he replaced Kompany for two games because Kompany was red carded, and now again versus Swansea an awful pass that lead to the Swansea goal. Somebody fire his ass already.

That Savic from Manchester City has cost City like 9 points this season. Six when he replaced Kompany for two games because Kompany was red carded, and now again versus Swansea an awful pass that lead to the Swansea goal. Somebody fire his ass already.

Bit harsh just blaming him for them screwing up already this season, yes it was his fault for the goal, yes he should be playing for some other side but what can you say about the rest of the team like Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, Richards, Hart etc. They aren't playing up to full standards and if they had the mentality of champions they would be beating teams like Swansea (that being said, Swansea are far better than most of the sides in the bottom half) but they've messed up so many times that they deserve to just give up the title race now unless Mancini does something to change the way they're playing..

I mean look at who they've dropped points to - Swansea (L 1-0), Sunderland (L 1-0), Everton (L 1-0), West Brom (D 0-0), Fulham (D 2-2). That being said, this is the Premiership, not the Airtricity League. The funny thing is they beat Swansea 4-0, Everton 2-0 earlier in the season and this reminds me a lot of Liverpool in the 2008 season when they ended up second. It'll definitely go down to the Manchester Derby match and whoever wins that will more than likely win the title race imo. United are winning and City aren't. If City want to win the title, they need to win, simple as!

Edited by Panini*Hobbit@mp3

Interesting to see now, how City will react to this situation. They are extremely under pressure now and they still have quite tough games coming.

Chelsea this Sunday after playing Sporting on Thursday, Stoke away, Sunderland, Arsenal away, WBA, Norwich away, Wolves away before it actually comes to the derby. You can see City loose some points in those 7 fixtures. Besides Chelsea and Arsenal, I think Stoke is never an easy game, the rest should cause no big problems.

Man Utd on the other side has Wolves away, Fulham, Blackburn away, QPR, Wigan away, Villa and Everton which should all be doable for them.

But like you said, the easier games often appear to be the trickier ones and I personally don't think that Utd can win all of their 7 games. The advantage of Utd is that they have been there before, while City now have to show if they can cope with the pressure.

Looking forward to the last 10 games. I think it's going to be an interesting battle between the Manchester clubs for the championship. Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea will battle for 3rd position, while Newcastle and Liverpool might do everything they can to get that 5th place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking back to my previous post, I have to admit that I expected Chelsea to get something at the Etihad Stadium rather than Sunderland, but then again City seem loose their nerves now.. :P

Let's see if they can get their head straight, it is far from over yet in my opinion but City can't do it on their own anymore.

God, I love the run-ins every year :D

Could see this happening a while back actually. United have been in this position many times so they can deal with the pressure of winning most of the games left at this point in the season. As well as that they have the easier run in but who knows what will happen.. It's too hard to call still and I think it'll go down to the Manchester derby but for the moment it is United's title to lose.

Also I'm sad because of how bad Liverpool are playing lately. If the league started in the New Year, we would be second last.. that pretty much says enough. We really miss Lucas, look at the start of the season for proof. Henderson, Adam, Downing and Carroll are simply not good enough to be playing for us and either need to step up their game or leave.. Spearing, well his record of games and losses is pretty funny as well - lost all but two/three :P If we didn't win the Carling Cup, Kenny would be gone I'd say and the fact that we're in the FA Cup as well means that if we win that it'll be a decent season wherever we finish (from 5th down to 13th). The Suarez incident didn't help either and I feel we lost our reputation after that because of how the club handled it. Oh well, hopefully we can win the FA Cup (without Reina :(), sign a few good players for cheap money (not 20-35 million) and challenge for a champions league spot next year!

The Suarez incident didn't help either and I feel we lost our reputation after that because of how the club handled it.

I know, I felt utterly embarressed to be a Reds fan :s Sometimes I get the funny feeling like it's not the real Liverpool but some shitty club that happens to be called the same.

I know, I felt utterly embarressed to be a Reds fan :s Sometimes I get the funny feeling like it's not the real Liverpool but some shitty club that happens to be called the same.

I know two people who have stopped supporting Liverpool because of how they reacted with the decision of standing behind him. I can understand Liverpool's logic but the thing is, Suarez isn't an angel. When he was at Ajax he bit one of the PSV guy's shoulder. At Liverpool there was the racism incident, he decided to stick his middle finger up at Fulham fans twice, the meeting at Man Utd where he refused to shake Evra's hand as well as numerous other little incidents.

Now all that said, he is a good player. Just look at his record at Ajax to confirm 111 goals in 159 games or something, but the fact is, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. I'd rather get rid of him after what he has done to the club :( I don't think the club will ever be back to the standard it was at a few years back which is very sad to see.. Hopefully they can change it over the next year or so.. we will see I guess

Liverpool should get rid of Suarez as soon as possible. He is their best striker, but I think he is causing too much trouble for them. They should also sack Dalglish as he is completely loosing it in my opinion. The deal with Carroll was a total overpriced panic bought which completely backfired. Carroll is good enough for a midtable team where he gets rare balls and he needs to hold the ball or score from crosses. Liverpool has wingers of the quality of a midtable team in my opinion. It will be tough for Liverpool to compete for the Premier League next year again I think. I would love to see Liverpool - ManUtd rivalry for the title again.

Could see this happening a while back actually. United have been in this position many times so they can deal with the pressure of winning most of the games left at this point in the season. As well as that they have the easier run in but who knows what will happen.. It's too hard to call still and I think it'll go down to the Manchester derby but for the moment it is United's title to lose.

It is impressive that after Scholes returned ManUtd got 34 out of 36 points, where the only draw was against Chelsea 3-3 and Scholes came on the pitch when it was 3-0 for Chelsea.. I think it is a massive run they have at the moment and I did not expect them to take that many points and I also did not expect City to drop that much points. 8 points lead is big for 6 remaining games and in the end the Manchester derby could be worth nothing, or Utd could secure their 20th title in the Etihad stadium.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today's matches have been the best final games I've ever seen, down to literally the last few minutes. Oh the irony of Manchester City winning the Premiership in Fergie Time :) I'm so happy that a team besides United won, and yet again today shows me how much they can't handle defeat. All the United fans I've talked to have all gave the excuse "City bought the title" or "Well we have Champions League next season, what did Liverpool do all year?" and when you mention that Liverpool won a cup (Carling Cup), they say it's a Mickey Mouse trophy yet when they win it it's brilliant! I know Liverpool had a horrible season, but we won a cup and got to the final of another. This pic pretty much sums it up for the year:

579184491.jpg?key=720540&Expires=1336956474&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ixxXga3NWM8t4QvWoeqDHI8trHW4e9hFNyxw59o-MG36seLZUZa5Buhwj2dHDAIX1sUVgW5s2voQhr2hrFJqlGZ4YGqfSE1X9Td63Uan3vx~ZNAp1PbmhA61NCxmwShtg6Wrc6tsRjI18ft1he5LKsnUCQhx8qGKg5MXSD1YFHI_

I hope all the United supporters on this forum aren't like that.. Can't stand people who can't accept defeat!

Edited by Panini*Hobbit@mp3