Computer help needed

Spitfire

I,m kinda noob at computer stuff so i guess someone of you may know what the hell is going on with my PC.It all started today.Suddenly my keyboard doesn,t work right,any of keys doesn,t work right,all keys give me just some symbols if i am trying to type something and my mouse doesn,t work right too,if i make double-click on some program or icon it doesn,t open the file like it should but it shows me this file's properties.So when this happens i can,t do anything with my PC and must restart it,and when i restart it and choose my account then it loads my settings way too longer as it should,after this is done i can see my desktop pic but no start menu,no taskbar,no programs,no icons,little later they all appear to my desktop.I assume it,s some kind of virus but maybe someone knows better what that could be.I'm using Windows XP.

Thanks in advance

Spit

I see words like 'longer' and 'later'. Is your computer getting rather full?

Programs that start up with Windows and go to your system tray (bottom right icons) slow it down.

If you have many of those, disable the autostart feature, start the programs only when you need them. (I do it too, clean startup)

Defragmentation is also recommended by many, but if you feel like your comp is really, really messed up:

I'd say format. A fresh start is always a big boost in speed. Afterwards, try to keep your comp as clean as possible.

If you're not into that, have you tried looking for solutions on Google?

I see a lot of things that doesn't work. But what does work?

I see you can start Windows, but what's next? It asks you to reboot. After reboot, does it ask you (again) to reboot? Is there some kind of 'stable' state, after which rebooting is no longer necessary?

Your keyboard responds to the keys you press, but it will give different characters. Like what? Chinese, Cyrillic? Your mouse buttons doesn't work, but the cursor moves?

Did this happen from one day to another, or is your pc getting slower by the day? After the pc is booted, does your pc remain slow, or is it after that as fast as it should?

I see a lot of things that doesn't work. But what does work?

I see you can start Windows, but what's next? It asks you to reboot. After reboot, does it ask you (again) to reboot? Is there some kind of 'stable' state, after which rebooting is no longer necessary?

It doesn't ask me to reboot,i do it myself beacuse it,s very difficult to do anything if your keyboard doesn,t work right

Your keyboard responds to the keys you press, but it will give different characters. Like what? Chinese, Cyrillic? Your mouse buttons doesn't work, but the cursor moves?

I have no idea what language it is or is it some language at all,they seems like some symbols,cursor is fine.

Did this happen from one day to another, or is your pc getting slower by the day? After the pc is booted, does your pc remain slow, or is it after that as fast as it should?

It all started today.

hm... symbols maybe if you have the language bar next the the system tray ( bottom right) then make sure its EN english (IF you have the language bar)

i would suggest a systems defrag and systems cleanup thats probably the easiest but wont really fix your problem as i am not too sure of it.

start menu -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> disk defrag and disk cleanup

if it is a virus i would just reinstall windows but thats just me.

good luck spitfire