Jailbreak for ipod?

Papito

I recently get an iPod 3g, just i wanna know if it's recommended do a jailbreak on my ipod and if it's recommended tell me the benefits or contras, what can i do? Where can i get more free stuffs? What kind of software i need to jailbreak?

Info:

iPod 3g

v4.2.1

8g

with jailbreak you will be open to install what you want, and have more features than what you will have in official store

I let you read this nice article: 5 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone - and 5 Reasons Not (old article but still good)

With Jailbreak you can do have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbjMlswX-8

also another useful video about, for or not jailbreak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nsXh7qjfTI

nah dont jailbreak cos it messes up the settings on ipod or iphone i used to have it on my iphone 4 and ipod but it kept crashing and settings keeps messing up and you loose alot of important stuff, well thats my opinion on it cause its happen to me, i think that its better to pay for the apps than try to get the easy way and get it for free, DONT BE A CHEAP ASS!! just joking lol haha

nah dont jailbreak cos it messes up the settings on ipod or iphone i used to have it on my iphone 4 and ipod but it kept crashing and settings keeps messing up and you loose alot of important stuff, well thats my opinion on it cause its happen to me, i think that its better to pay for the apps than try to get the easy way and get it for free, DONT BE A CHEAP ASS!! just joking lol haha

but there's a lot of free app's than you never will find in Apple Store, in my case i love doing new things on my gadgets, i know that if the jailbreak mess with your ipod you always can restore it, or not?

yeh there are alot of free ones that are unheard of and usually the ones that are good is not in english lol an yeh you can always restore it but than you will have to do everything by scratch with music, movies, apps cause sorting out 20k music takes up time lol and gets annoying

If you jailbreak your warranty will be void, unless you restore it before sending it back to apple.

i knew it, but how many of you got an ipod jailbreaked?

But under your knowledge and expertise, what do you think is better? Jailbreak or not?

If you are aware of the risk (instability and restoring every time to fix it again) you gonna take by jailbreaking you idevice then go for it, personally I found it useful and nice.. but again it dependents only of your knowledge how to use it, and if your device needed

personally I did jailbreak my iPhone for a long time, now I stopped doing that. But I have an iPad2 3G on 4.3.3 that I jailbreaked lately (with PDF Patch2 ON), because I know some great tools that makes my iPad better than before, like

SBSetting

FolderCloser

FullForce (this one is great it forces iphone apps to be showing in full screen ipad) and also Retinapad

MT Gestures (use 3 or 4 fingers)

Springtomize (customize the look of the icons, dock, folders status bar and more stuff)

those are some of the tweaks and tools I really needed them in my iPad

So for your ipod touch, will be hard to find the benefit to jailbreak it, unless you want to install cracked apps in that case I can't help you...

A friend of mine jailbreak my iphone and work perfect. Even i can use telcel or movistar if i want to.

If you buy it new, wait until the telcel or movistar guarantee (1 year) as an advice. But if it is semi-new then i would say you can do it with the proper aware risk of course.

LoL I recently jailbreak my ipod and later try to install cidya but it doesn't start, i will need the firmware to restore it, later i will do a tuto to jailbreak and restore it experimenting with mine.

i knew it, but how many of you got an ipod jailbreaked?

guys some of you have misconceptions im typing and working on my jailbreak ipod touch

1.) there ar filters to keep you from damaging your settings in cydia

2.) a common though is that jailbreaking ruins your battery life wrong jailbreaking does in fact not ruin battery life ive tested that myself

imho jailbreaking is better for me instead of Apples ipod its My ipod :P what is your current firmware and ill show you how to jailbreak it

i jailbreaked my iphone, its works good for a time and after its !#@!#@!$@!%%&*! with sincro

to be honest i dont see any thing intersting to have in my iphone in the pineapple store you can have nice things as free in official app store and there are alot of things that they sell for cents.

• 2 weeks later...