snowboarding

metal_scum

has anyone ever tried snowboards?? they rule. I've tried once when i went to a ski resort. Too bad i cant do it on a regular basis. I remember my entire body screaming of pain but i was too happy to listen to it lol

Ha i know what you mean. First time i went snowboarding my friends took me on a black diamond run... I broke my wrist in three places :o I dont mean to brag, but here in utah, we have the greatest snow on earth, and maybe 5% of the people actually ski or snowboard. I go every day in the winter, and its definitely one of the most relaxing and chill sports.

• 3 months later...

i skateboard regularly, so it didnt take me long to learn snowboarding.

on my 3rd day at the resort, i did my black diamond run, and the adrenaline was amazing.

i did my first run without a fall, then 2nd one, i went home with a sprained ankle.

Tried it only once and never again.I went down the hill so proudly without any skills.After i reached such a speed that i couldn't even see what's in front of me i wanted to stop like others snowborders do.I stoped yes but with crushed knee <_<

im snowboarding 6 years , when i started first day , oh man , every bone in my body was in teh pain , but after first day i learn how to stand on board , it took me around 3\4 days to get better and to actualy board like a noobie :) , now after 6 years im somewhere in med+ skillz :)

, for beginners i would recomend free style boards cuz they are a lot easy to control then alpine ones

design.jpg

34954d4f-e20e-4bf3-907c-6e05e6105fe7.jpg

snowboard_7809.jpg

im snowboarding 6 years , when i started first day , oh man , every bone in my body was in teh pain , but after first day i learn how to stand on board , it took me around 3\4 days to get better and to actualy board like a noobie :) , now after 6 years im somewhere in med+ skillz :)

, for beginners i would recomend free style boards cuz they are a lot easy to control then alpine ones

If you're gonna buy a board, never buy an alpine one.

Learn snowboarding with a regular board and if then appears you like speeding down slopes, buy an alpine board.

With an alpine board, its hard to do tricks so watch out when you buy it. It is very limited in abilities.

If you like freestyle buy a light and flexible board.

If you want an allrounder, buy a regular board, light as possible but mediocre stifness.

Ive been snowboarding for 6 years as well now :)Im not gonna say Im good at it, cause im good at one thing and bad at another :)

But I am more of an allrounder.

Share your thoughts and question :)

i am more of freestyler. The results always havent been good....but yes, its exhilarating. So far, Utah was the best place for me, but i am sure the snowy slopes of Alps is even better.