snowboarding

metal_scum

im prob going this year...probably to north carolina, sweet place there.

but of course, i am asian, so i will start off with ski first ^^

haha skiing is easier to start with but is in fact harder than snowboarding imo.

Snowboarding is more difficult in the beginning cause your feet are strapped 'together'.

But thats just how I experienced it.

Btw you're asian, but you dont happen to come from himalaya?

cause If so you'd kick our ass in skiing and snowboarding I guess hehe

sorry, you may be able to beat me in skiing...but i am beast at Snowboarding....

oh yeah, i can beat you in skeeting also...hehe

Meih not sure you can beat me in snowboarding...

Im pretty advanced :)

At skiing I never was very good. I mean I can go fast and I can do some jumps and rails with it (well I could 6 years ago hehe)

but my technical skills arent that good in skiing.

what is skeeting? you mean inline skating or skateboarding? never heard of skeeting...

skeeting?

at inlineskating you'd beat me for sure

haha skiing is easier to start with but is in fact harder than snowboarding imo.

Snowboarding is more difficult in the beginning cause your feet are strapped 'together'.

But thats just how I experienced it.

Btw you're asian, but you dont happen to come from himalaya?

cause If so you'd kick our ass in skiing and snowboarding I guess hehe

That's fact.

U need to be strong in legs for skiing(also depends how do u ski as noob or some kind of hardcore downhill as me motha f***a)The biggest problem at the start of skiing is that skis are crossing each other!By the way sledding is best lmfao!:D

That's fact.

U need to be strong in legs for skiing(also depends how do u ski as noob or some kind of hardcore downhill as me motha f***a)The biggest problem at the start of skiing is that skis are crossing each other!By the way sledding is best lmfao!:D

true but for snowboarding you need knees just as strong hehe. Even if it only is for standing back up every time you strap your boot in hehe

Not a ski noob here but ie. I am not good at skiing parallel. I always have about 10 inches of space between both skis.(=technical stuff ^^)

Yeah sledding!! yeeehhaaaaa! hehe. meeihhh :hmm

true but for snowboarding you need knees just as strong hehe. Even if it only is for standing back up every time you strap your boot in hehe

Not a ski noob here but ie. I am not good at skiing parallel. I always have about 10 inches of space between both skis.(=technical stuff ^^)

Yeah sledding!! yeeehhaaaaa! hehe. meeihhh :hmm

I never skied normally like slalom and that shit,i always loved to and still love to feel adrenaline of downhill:D Last time i skied,a security guy came to me and started threating to me that he will take my ticket off because i drove to fast:D

lol. No doubt. Just curious how long everyone has been snowboarding, or even skiing for that matter? I've been snowboarding for 17 years and skiing for 2. I royally suck on skis but I can parallel and do most double black diamonds. It doesn't look pretty, but I can make it down without crashing.

I previously worked as an instructor for a few seasons and built snowboards for a few more for a small startup. I've repped for a few companies and gotten drunk at many trade show afterparties. In the US, Utah has some wild riding depending on yoru resort or if you just hike, but my personal favorites are Schwitzer in Idaho, Mt Baker & Hood in Oregon. I prefer most of the spots in my state like my local mountains Snow Summit & Bear Mtn & Mtn High, Mammoth Mtn, Squaw Valley and Northstar in Lake Tahoe. All of them have sick riding depending on your style.

Some places i plan on riding in the next few years are Jackson Hole, Heli boarding in British Columbia and if I get the chance, the swiss alps.

lol. No doubt. Just curious how long everyone has been snowboarding, or even skiing for that matter? I've been snowboarding for 17 years and skiing for 2. I royally suck on skis but I can parallel and do most double black diamonds. It doesn't look pretty, but I can make it down without crashing.

I previously worked as an instructor for a few seasons and built snowboards for a few more for a small startup. I've repped for a few companies and gotten drunk at many trade show afterparties. In the US, Utah has some wild riding depending on yoru resort or if you just hike, but my personal favorites are Schwitzer in Idaho, Mt Baker & Hood in Oregon. I prefer most of the spots in my state like my local mountains Snow Summit & Bear Mtn & Mtn High, Mammoth Mtn, Squaw Valley and Northstar in Lake Tahoe. All of them have sick riding depending on your style.

Some places i plan on riding in the next few years are Jackson Hole, Heli boarding in British Columbia and if I get the chance, the swiss alps.

Nice! :) Snowboarding for 6 years and skiing for 4 years. I think what you stated for skiing applies to me as well :)

You make snowboards? Nice! You got pictures of snowboards you made? ^^ Are they of higher/ same/ lower quality than the usual snowboards made by big companies?

I dont know about snowboarding in the USA but in the Swiss alps it's great! Pretty big areas with pretty big slopes. Though the snowparks mostly arent very big :)

Nice! :) Snowboarding for 6 years and skiing for 4 years. I think what you stated for skiing applies to me as well :)

You make snowboards? Nice! You got pictures of snowboards you made? ^^ Are they of higher/ same/ lower quality than the usual snowboards made by big companies?

I dont know about snowboarding in the USA but in the Swiss alps it's great! Pretty big areas with pretty big slopes. Though the snowparks mostly arent very big :)

I've really only ridden in the western United States, but if you like big snowboard parks, with step up jumps, big rails and alot of boxes, the California seems to have it pretty well covered. The northwestern states are alot more technical riding than anything, but Mt. Hood usually has a great park.

I don't make boards anymore. I used to work for a small startup called Unicore (previously WiigOut Snowboards, not to be confused the O-matics WigOut board). They made decent boards, actually the cores we designed are still some of the best I've ridden on, and that includes my current Lib Tech. The boards were fast, but the edges sucked. They were good for powder and thats it. I wish I owned a few pressed and a planer to try a to build a few of my own. Elan, Burton, Arbor and Lib Tech have some of the sickest boards out IMO. Never Summer could easily be thrown in there as well.

I have friends than have ridden in the French & Swiss Alps and they keep telling me its awesome. Just ride to a warming hut, drink..then ride some more. Sounds like fun to me B)

I've really only ridden in the western United States, but if you like big snowboard parks, with step up jumps, big rails and alot of boxes, the California seems to have it pretty well covered. The northwestern states are alot more technical riding than anything, but Mt. Hood usually has a great park.

I don't make boards anymore. I used to work for a small startup called Unicore (previously WiigOut Snowboards, not to be confused the O-matics WigOut board). They made decent boards, actually the cores we designed are still some of the best I've ridden on, and that includes my current Lib Tech. The boards were fast, but the edges sucked. They were good for powder and thats it. I wish I owned a few pressed and a planer to try a to build a few of my own. Elan, Burton, Arbor and Lib Tech have some of the sickest boards out IMO. Never Summer could easily be thrown in there as well.

I have friends than have ridden in the French & Swiss Alps and they keep telling me its awesome. Just ride to a warming hut, drink..then ride some more. Sounds like fun to me B)

Cool :) Well if I'd ever get to California, I'll be sure to go there! I haven't had the chance to ride a lot of boards, but Burton is my favourite.

Yeah French and Swiss Alps are great. It's more then just snowboarding as you said. Snowboarding, drinking, warming up and when you're ready just strap the board and off you go :) But I can't compare with California. I always thought it was pretty much the same...